So, how do you give veggies to dogs? Is it easy & doable? Read this article to see how you can easily add cancer-fighting cruciferous vegetables to your dog's diet and start this regimen asap.
So, how do you put it all together? How do you start? How much to give? How to cook? All these questions! Most dog owners have the same questions so here I have tried to answer them.
When you are starting to feed homemade, nutrient dense and ethical diet to your dog - it helps to have clear, easy, do-able instructions - like someone by your side to guide you. Problem solved! Let's start.
Are there any special ingredients?
NO - ALL ingredients are super easy to find in your regular grocery store and super affordable. This is the reason ONLY at The Garden Recipe you will get full support while making the transition and going on the journey of positive changes - one small step at a time - for your and your pooch's benefits.
So, why cruciferous veggies for dogs? Here's why -
1. FIBER (high in soluble fiber) - This is one of the MOST important reason why veggies are great. Fiber makes sure the elimination process works optimally in your dog's body and when it the body's elimination is functioning well, then that means the toxins are getting out of your dog's body , instead of staying and accumulating (yuck!!!!).
2. NO need for "anal gland expression" - For goodness's sake!! Really! America and Americans make me laugh. No kidding. NO country in the world is so sick that their dogs eat kibble after kibble, then go to clinics for vaccinations and then they go for another trip!!..to where? Vet clinic! ....For what now?.... Anal gland expression! LOL. Laughable.
But the owners won't feed their dogs home-made, anti-cancer, heart healthy plant based diet; nope. Instead, the toxic build-up now needs to be manually done. And not to mention how much money vets make just by doing this courtesy.
How about, instead giving veggies on daily basis to your dogs and how about adding flax seeds to your dog's diet? It's that simple and so much easier on you, the owner. Life and health were always meant to be simple; the "complicated" part is a construct of veterinary, pharmaceuticals, ignorant doctors and owners buying "convenience" or those who simply don't know or question things..ever.
Start by adding veggies in your dog's diet today and you will see how happy, healthy your dog feels plus how easy your life becomes. Yes, that's correct. No more vet trips or bills.
3. SULFORAPHANE - A crucial anti-cancer compound - There's my favorite word! No, really. Sulfur and/or sulforaphane is phenomenal in cleaning our cells at their deepest levels. This is the reason why eating sulfur rich vegetables or taking MSM makes one's skin glow or makes a dog's coat healthy and shiny.
How does sulfur clean the cells? It softens the cell walls and thus allows the toxins to leak out easily. This is why it is crucial in our diet as well as our dog's diet. With so much pollution and such toxic food that dogs are being bombarded with, why won't you add some sulfur to their diet..regularly?
But besides its detoxifying qualities, sulforaphane is considered anti-cancer. This is because it is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound. It is being studied as an anti-cancer compound since it not just detoxifies the body but also helps vit C get inside the cancer cells. Vit C is known to kill cancer cells(apoptosis). So, now you can see the importance of sulfur and vit C in your dog's diet.
Besides this, cruciferous vegetables are rich in phytonutrients known to stop cancer cells growth. They are an excellent preventive against inflammation - the root cause of all diseases. So, before it gets too late, its better to start adding some colors to your dog's diet...the "real" colors, I meant; the ones that come from real food; from Nature; from farms.
4. Reduces joint/aches/swelling/inflammatory issues - Because of these same properties, sulforaphane helps in reducing pain and muscle tightness (similar to effects of MSM). You must have heard of how MSM reduces joint issues in a flip! This is because of its sulfur which is a highly effective anti-inflammatory mineral.
And this is all great for your dog too. My dogs eat lots of veggies as you will see in the coming posts. And this is one of the reason why they have healthy digestion and NO bad breath or body odor. Yes, you read that correct; NONE of my dogs have ever had body odor or bad breath. NONE.
So, let's start you on your new journey of adding veggies to your beloved dog's diet. And no need to worry - follow post-by-post here and the added videos/photos so you can do it all very easily with full support.
5. Itchy dog? Skin issues? Shedding? Doggy odor? - Sulfur is well known for its beauty benefits and skin healing properties. This is why it is in mange shampoos. Now, dog owners are willing to spend money on sulfur shampoos but what about feeding the actual food source to the dog and seeing the benefits unfold right in front of your eyes?
Whether your dog has the most beautiful skin or is itching and shedding, cruciferous vegetable will deliver sulfur and antioxidants called anthocyanins (blue, purple or red pigments in vegetables) to your dog's body. This in turn will help heal & keep your dogs skin beautiful.
Which veggies are considered cruciferous?
Arugula, cauliflower, cabbage, collard green, garden cress, bok choy, broccoli, brussels sprouts, kale, radish, rutabaga, turnip and similar green leaf vegetables.
How should I give to my dog?
Just cook the veggie till slightly soft and wilted. Add with some home cooked brown rice, organic, UN-refined coconut oil, bit of flax seeds and lentils/beans. Yum! Squeeze just few drops of fresh lemon for vit C as this will help your dog absorb the nutrients/sulfur better from the veggies. There you go! Done! So easy, so economical for you too..even in long run. No vet visits, remember?
You see the difference between this food bowl vs. kibble? HUGE difference. There is nothing in this "food bowl" that will cause cancer or any other health issue to your dog.
Kibble or animal protein, a.k.a. "meat"? Oh boy! It's just a dead body full of its own heavy load of toxic waste and decayed parts. That's it. Nothing more to it. Yes, you are welcome..:)
So go on and let your pooch have this healing remedy from Nature. Here's to health and healing for Fido!
Some Posts You Will Definitely Enjoy!
1. Six Steps to Anti-Cancer & Anti-Inflammatory Diet - Could it be that everything you have learned or have been taught about nutrition has not worked because it skipped what I call the most crucial part - the "basics"? The way I lead my readers is by perfecting the basics first - from their utensils to shopping habits to stocking up. In this article, we also learn the potent healing power of spices and herbs as well as the importance of using THAT one right cooking oil for our healthy fat. Click the article to find out more..
2. Savory Chickpea Flour Pancakes - In hurry and want another one-pot dish? Here is a wonderful recipes that you can whip up in 5 mins and it only takes 3 mins to cook! Seriously. Made with super healthy chickpea flour, onions, ginger-garlic and green chili along with some turmeric and added spices, these are so tasty you will want to make them again and again. A family, kid-friendly as well as "singles-friendly" recipe! It serves all! Make the batter and you can make some pancakes next day for lunch, lunch-box or dinner!
3. A "MUST" for Dogs: Ginger-Garlic Paste - Inflammation is the root cause of every disease. Dogs are suffering the same fate - cancer, joint issues, skin issues, bad digestion, stiffness, toxic overload...you name it. If you start with just this one step, you might just prevent ALL the inflammatory conditions that could arise in the future for your dog. A 10-min recipe, make it once a week or make lot more and you are done.