Rice w/cilantro, cauliflower & potatoes, cooked in a rich blend of savory seeds. This is one dish that is tasty but also very nourishing.
Cilantro rice or dhaniya rice, as called in Hindi, is one of the tastiest and healthy dish that's cooked a lot in North India. Cilantro/coriander is super healthy because it is a chelator - it pulls heavy metals out of your body and flushes them out. This is why most of my recipes incorporate heavy use of cilantro or dhaniya. And another point to add is that I just don't use it to sprinkle over the food - no, you need more than that with each bite; with modern day pollution and toxins in our body, we need to give our body more support than ever. Therefore, start adding more cilantro/coriander to your recipes - whole bunches of them!
1. 2 large organic onions
2. Green chilies - per choice
3. 1 organic cilantro
4. 2-3 organic tomatoes
5. 2 garlic and ginger (see video)
6. 1 organic cauliflower
7. 1-2 organic russet potato (your choice - depending on the size)
1. Organic basmati or jasmine rice + 3-4 bay leaves.
Spices & oils -
1. Organic, coconut oil - 4 full tablespoonfuls!! Don't skip.
2. Organic Sea salt - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later.
3. Cayenne - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later. So, if you don't know, start with 1/4 teaspoon.
4. Cumin seeds - 2 Tablespoon
5. Mustard seeds - 1 Teaspoon
6. Cumin & coriander - See video
7. Turmeric - 1 Tablespoon
8. Garam masala - optional, 1 Teaspoon at end.
9. Dry fenugreek leaves (methi)
10. Organic ketchup - 1 Tablespoon (or per taste)
Top with -
1. Organic cilantro
2. Fresh lemon juice
Simple steps -
1. Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe.
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 4-5 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2 serving each
For those with SUGAR issues:-
If you have sugar issues, you can still enjoy this recipe with 2 very simple, easy options!
1. REDUCE the quantity of rice and add some quinoa. So, you can do, say, 30% rice to 70% quinoa.
2. OR, you can eliminate rice completely - make the recipe as is, and mix in quinoa instead of rice.
And remember, to add some Ceylon cinnamon to your food when cooking AND when ready to eat.
Compost - Plz. start composting. Imagine if all of us stopped using plastic bags for such stupid reasons? How Earth will change overnight? If you don't have compost bin in your home, you can make one.
Have Dogs? - See in video how I always take out bit of the ingredients I am cooking with for my dogs. This makes my life so much easier and also ensures that my dogs are getting variety of nutrients via tasty vegetables each and every time. So, in this recipe, I took out bit of potato, cauliflower (ends and green part - nothing wasted), cilantro and garlic for them.
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tomato - Basil Soup
Alonti's Pesto Pasta
Some Amazing Articles
Navel Oil Massage Benefits
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
1-Pot New Recipes
Quick 5-Min Recipes
Cilantro Chutney w/Mint
Cacao, Pumpkin & Banana Shake
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Amazing Benefits of Bay Leaves & Bay Laurel Oil (NEW Article)
Red Kidney Beans Pilaf in Dutch Oven (NEW Recipe!)
We would love to have you back!
Subscribe to the e-mail so you can receive your daily dose of health & easy, one-pot recipes and simple tips to save you tons of money!
Recipe videos for you.
Sign up here - THE GARDEN RECIPE YouTube channel.
Copyright ©2019 THE GARDEN RECIPE, LLC
All Rights Reserved