Creamy, garlicky cashew sauce w/swiss chard, zucchini, & many more goodies! - all topped w/organic parmesan, olive oil & parsley. One-pot!
Who doesn't like creamy, nutty, rich flavor? One of the great ways to have creamy flavor in your recipes, while keeping with anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory diet, is simply to use nuts (and eliminate disgusting, hormone filled, dairy!). That is where cashews come in - rich in good fats, creamy in texture, perfect for pasta sauces as well as beneficial for everyone. Now, in this recipe, I topped with some organic parmesan that I had..you can totally eliminate it and save your money as well. Here it is really of no need...:)
OK - so why is this recipe so great? Let's see -
1. It uses cashews to make cream - The concept here is that when you want something rich and creamy, you let go of foods that cause weight gain, hormonal imbalance, inflammation in the body and well...from there, any number of disease can rise including cancer, arthritis, acne, rosacea, redness, swelling, etc. NO dairy. Let it GO - bye-bye dairy! Forever.
So, instead, why not use healthy fats like nuts to arrive at the same point but with tons of benefits too? Ah! now you are getting it.
2. Ah! The benefits of cashews are many! - According to Whole Foods website, just quarter cup of cashews contains copper (98%), phosphorus (34%), magnesium(28%), manganese (29%) and zinc (21%). Whoa! Too good.
3. Heart-Healthy recipe - This includes garlic, cayenne as well as cashews - 3 powerful heart healthy foods on this planet! Cashews contain 82% of their fat is unsaturated fatty acids, plus about 66% of this unsaturated fatty acid content are heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. Garlic is excellent as it is literally used since centuries for better heart function - from low bp to high bp, too much cholesterol or heart attack, it serves everyone! Cayenne has been known to stop heart attack within 30 secs. Goodness! Nature's miracle. It also boosts circulation so start using it asap.
My sauce is made of what? Garlic and cashews! There!
4. Anti-cancer & anti-inflammatory - YES!! It IS an anti-cancer recipe. Why? Simple - it does NOT contain a single ingredient that causes inflammation in your body or would disrupt your hormonal balance. From greens to other veggies used and esp. mushrooms and garlic, you can bet they all will benefit your body greatly. Mushrooms are powerful anti-cancer food due to their high selenium content.
And for cancer patients (or anyone struggling with tiredness), it is great as it also provides energy - which is crucial when going through sickness.
5. Healthy fats - It contains organic coconut oil as well as cashews! Healthy fats are needed for skin, nails, hair, joint lubrication, healthy weight as well as cognitive health. Did you know our brain is at least 70% fat? Ya! Eat good fat and you are going to feel the difference.
6. GLUTEN-FREE - Simple! Skip the wheat! It is a gmo-crop as well as inflammation and obesity causing food. The current day wheat is NOT the same as the wheat our ancestors enjoyed. Yes, I hate to break the bad news but this is the truth. So, at least, if not completely, then switch to 100% gluten-free when cooking at home. Imagine just how this one step can benefit you overall. It's a HUGE step that will lead to a huge positive difference - all from this one change!
SO....let it go! Do not be a fool to do all this work and then skip this point.
OK. I think this is enough learning for this post. Let's get going -
1. 1 whole pack organic portabella mushrooms (or any of your choice)
2. 1 whole bunch fresh organic swiss chard
3. 1 organic red bell pepper
4. 4 organic tomatoes
5. 2 organic zucchini
6. 1 large organic yellow onion
Spices & oils -
1. Organic, UN-refined coconut oil - 4 full tablespoonfuls!! Don't skip.
2. Organic Sea salt - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later.
3. Cayenne - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later. So, if you don't know, start with 1/4 teaspoon.
4. Black pepper.
5. Thyme - pinch to add. Then adjust. Start with 1/3 teaspoon.
Cashew Sauce -
1. Approx. 6 oz cashews - soak them overnight. VERY imp. as this will release the phytates that interfere w/nutrients.
2. 1 WHOLE GARLIC!! Yes! More the better.
3. Water to mix. 1/3 cup first. Keep the sauce thick. We will add water in pasta too so don't add too much here.
1. Any GLUTEN-FREE pasta of your choice. NON-GMO. Organic plz!
Top with -
1. Organic olive oil
2. Organic parmesan
3. Organic parsley
4. Lemon juice
1. Can add any more veggies you like and also can top with basil, oregano or any herb of your choice.
Simple steps -
1. In STEEL pan, add oil and saute on medium-low, all your veggies EXCEPT swiss chard.
2. After veggies have soften a bit, like 4-5 mins later, add your seasonings, salt and cashew sauce. Saute for just 2 mins more.
3. Mix and add pasta as well as some water - enough to cover the pasta. Let cook per box directions on MEDIUM-LOW.
4. After pasta is done, turn the stove OFF, WAIT for 20 mins till food has cooled down a bit and THEN add your swiss chard, parsley, lemon juice and organic parmesan. Mix all and cover to wilt the swiss chard.
5. Done! Whoa! Great to serve guests even...:)
To reduce the quantity, all you have to do is reduce the pasta & pesto quantity accordingly. I would suggest keeping the veggies same quantity. So, for pesto, reduce the cashews to half.
To increase more (if making for guests,etc) - Add more pasta and add on more veggies/onions of your choice. Simple!
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 3 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 1.5 serving each.
Family of 4 or guests - Will serve brunch/lunch/dinner.
Compost - Plz. start composting. Imagine if all of us stopped using plastic bags for such stupid reasons? How Earth will change overnight? If you don't have compost bin in your home, you can make one.
OR if you like, you can just take these and throw under the plants or trees or shrubs. The Nature will enjoy this and will take care of the decay process and you don't have to do a thing. It is a MUCH better option then taking plastic, throwing plant food (which decays naturally, easy and fast) and hurting the environment. Earth will thank you for it.
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tomatoey, Tangy Sweet & Spicy Noodles
Some Amazing Posts
Asafoetida: A Pinch of A Cure
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
New Recipe Videos
Cacao, Pumpkin & Banana Shake
Cilantro Chutney w/Mint
We would love to have you back!
Subscribe to the e-mail so you can receive your daily dose of health & easy, one-pot recipes and simple tips to save you tons of money!
Recipe videos for you.
Sign up here - THE GARDEN RECIPE YouTube channel.
Copyright ©2019 THE GARDEN RECIPE, LLC
All Rights Reserved