Crispy potatoes made with garlic, green chilies & cumin seeds & offer crunchy, aromatic flair found in street side chat aalo or jeera aalo.
Jeera Aalo really means cumin seeds potatoes (jeera = cumin seeds and aalo means potatoes in Hindi) so besides cumin seeds, we add bunch of spices to bring that zesty, spicy flavor in this recipe. Crispy and light enough to be had as a snack or even as a bread snack toast (see pic below or in the video), these are definitely going to become one of your favorite - just the same way this dish is a very loved, favorite recipe of North Indians in India and elsewhere.
In my recipe, I went a step further by adding organic amla powder - it not only added more 'zing' to this recipe but truly made it one powerful recipe in terms of cancer prevention and healing. Then, I added Indian Black Salt, a.k.a kala namak, which, due to its high sulfur content, is a great anti-inflammatory food. Plus, the taste and the aroma it gives after cooking to a dish is second to none.
Alright, what's the wait then?! Let's start...
1. 3 large/medium organic russet potatoes
2. Garlic - 1 whole
3. Green chilies - 2 to 3
4. Organic cilantro/dhaniya - 1 fresh bunch
Spices & oils -
1. Organic, UN-refined coconut oil & mustard oil
2. Organic Indian Black Salt - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later.
3. Cayenne - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later. So, if you don't know, start with 1/4 teaspoon.
4. Black pepper
5. Organic amla powder - 1/2 scoop
6. Chat masala
7. Organic Cumin seeds
8. Organic turmeric
10. Bay leaves powder (Tej patta powder)
11. Coriander powder
12. Cumin powder
Simple steps -
Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe.
Pair this with -
1. Gluten-Free bread (I used Schar gluten-free white bread which is my absolute favorite!!). You can also pair them with some quinoa or rice and lentils. Yummy! Enjoy!
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tomato - Basil Soup
Alonti's Pesto Pasta
Some Amazing Articles
Navel Oil Massage Benefits
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
1-Pot New Recipes
Quick 5-Min Recipes
Cilantro Chutney w/Mint
Cacao, Pumpkin & Banana Shake
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Amazing Benefits of Bay Leaves & Bay Laurel Oil (NEW Article)
Red Kidney Beans Pilaf in Dutch Oven (NEW Recipe!)
We would love to have you back!
Subscribe to the e-mail so you can receive your daily dose of health & easy, one-pot recipes and simple tips to save you tons of money!
Recipe videos for you.
Sign up here - THE GARDEN RECIPE YouTube channel.
Copyright ©2019 THE GARDEN RECIPE, LLC
All Rights Reserved