Have some left-over veggies or some sauce that you never used? Try this super easy recipe - very light and colorful dish that is tasty and versatile.
Rest assured, you will have lot of flavor in this recipe - the art is to make recipes with simple, affordable ingredients you already have and only spend the money where it is needed most - on organic produce.
Now that you are on The Garden Recipe, you just can't help but see both your money and health increase..:). Also, see the pics and you will know the quantity this makes. If wanting less, then reduce your rice to whatever quantity you need. Simple!
NOTE: Boil rice first in the same pan you are going to cook and keep aside in the bowl or plate you are going to eat in later. Reduce wastage, your clean-up time and make this a one-pot recipe!
1. 1/2 organic green cabbage
2. 4 organic tomatoes
3. 2 medium organic yellow onions or red onions
4. 1 organic red bell pepper and 1 green bell pepper
5. 1 whole garlic
6. Organic jasmine rice or any - I used 10 oz.
Spices and oil -
1. Organic coconut oil - 4 tablespoons
2. Cayenne - 1/2 teaspoon first. Taste at end and then adjust. Or, if not a spice lover, then start with 1/3 teaspoon
3. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste or 1/2 teaspoon first.
4. Liquid aminos - 2-3 tablespoon
5. Red chilli sauce - per taste, optional if you have in fridge - use it
6. Thyme - 1/2 teaspoon.
7. 3-4 dry red chilies
8. Sweet orange sauce (optional)
Top it with -
1. Melt organic coconut butter - yes!! super healthy, kind to you and the planet
2. Organic apple cider vinegar - 2 tablespoons (taste and can add more)
Simple steps -
1. Watch the video for exact step-by-step instructions.
To reduce the quantity, all you have to do is reduce the rice quantity accordingly. I would suggest keeping the veggies quantity the same.
To increase more (if making for guests,etc) - Add more rice and add on more veggies/onions of your choice. Simple!
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 4 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2 serving each.
Family of 4 - 1 serving each.
For those with SUGAR issues:-
If you have sugar issues, you can still enjoy this recipe with 2 very simple, easy options!
1. REDUCE the quantity of rice and add some quinoa. So, you can do, say, 30% rice to 70% quinoa.
2. OR, you can eliminate rice completely - make the recipe as is, and mix in quinoa instead of rice.
And remember, to add some Ceylon cinnamon to your food when cooking AND when ready to eat.
Composting - Also, let's continue our theme of composting. Plz. collect all you veggie ends and compost. Its free organic fertilizer!
Delicious Recipe Videos
Some Amazing Posts
Asafoetida: A Pinch of A Cure
Is Pumpkin Good for My Dog?
Chickpeas-Spinach in Tomato Curry
Take Me To...
New Holidays Videos
The Best Hot Cacao Recipe
Hot Chocolate with Walnut Milk
Hot Chocolate w/Creamed Cashew & Coconut
We would love to have you back!
Subscribe to the e-mail so you can receive your daily dose of health & easy, one-pot recipes and simple tips to save you tons of money!
Recipe videos for you.
Sign up here - THE GARDEN RECIPE YouTube channel.
Copyright ©2019 THE GARDEN RECIPE, LLC
All Rights Reserved