Super-light vermicelli dish - easy, quick, one-pot recipe that is loaded with veggies & flavor. A perfect recipe for a weekday. Inc. step-by-step video.
This recipe is another that is highly convenient to cook and easy for any weekday meal. This is similar to my noodles recipe but this one uses vermicelli. Oh well, when you want something even much lighter than the rice noodles, then go with the rice vermicelli. Again for you, a one-pot dish! Maximum time needed - 20 mins. And done.
Again, we are moving with positive changes - more veggies, less noodles, no-gluten, no canned tomatoes, no dairy butter and no soy sauce. Also, we are using cayenne - a powerful blood cleansing spice. Plus, now we are using steel pan instead of non-stick for health reasons. And most of all, we are eating food that is in sacred harmony with the environment.
What's the wait then? So, let's get started.
1. 4 organic roma tomatoes or 3 medium tomatoes
2. 2 organic green bell pepper
3. 2 large organic yellow onions
4. Rice Vermicelli - see pics
Spices and oil -
1. Black pepper
2. Cayenne -1/3 teaspoon at the end, mix and then taste. Adjust if needed.
3. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste. Put less first as you will be adding soy aminos as well.
4. Organic unrefined coconut oil to cook
Top with -
1. 1 whole teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2. Melt or any organic coconut butter (yes!! you will LOVE it)
3. Soy aminos - put 1 teaspoon at the end and taste. Adjust.
4. Organic tomato ketchup - 1 teaspoon and taste. Adjust.
Simple Steps -
1. Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe and exact measurements.
NOTE: If desiring more tangy, add more ketchup. If more zesty, add few drops more of vinegar. If needing more salty and smoked taste, add more soy aminos. Top with organic, coconut butter. Trust me, you will love the taste...:)
To reduce the quantity, all you have to do is reduce the vermicelli quantity accordingly. I would suggest keeping the veggies quantity the same.
To increase more (if making for guests,etc) - Add more vermicelli and add on more veggies/onions of your choice. Simple!
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 2 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 1 serving each.
Family of 4 - Add more veggies and vermicelli & make in bigger pan.
As with all new positive habits, let's start another one - lets start composting. The last pic will show you how you can put unused parts of veggies and mix them in your soil - this is free organic fertilizer - healthier, free of chemicals and a sacred service to mother Earth - Gaia. If you live in condos/apartment complex, then just find a large bush of plants/grass and offer to them this compost. The soil will use it and the plants will benefit. Please start composting.
This is it. Dish made. Forks out - ready to serve!
In mood for some crispy fritters? In fact, they will go really well with this. Spinach-Onion Fritters
Delicious Recipe Videos
Some Amazing Posts
Asafoetida: A Pinch of A Cure
Is Pumpkin Good for My Dog?
Chickpeas-Spinach in Tomato Curry
Take Me To...
New Holidays Videos
The Best Hot Cacao Recipe
Hot Chocolate with Walnut Milk
Hot Chocolate w/Creamed Cashew & Coconut