Creamy, garlic-ky pasta w/sweet potato & sage sauce, mushrooms, tomatoes, swiss chard, bell pepper & red onions. Yum! One-pot dish!
Now, as promised on The Garden Recipe site, NO long posts. NO long stories of this and that or travels...and NO having you scroll to bottom of the page...till forever, to get to the recipe. Geez!! NO. And also NO ads. I just want you to come here, get the recipe and get cooking. Period. Save your time and day! Oh, yes! NO pop-ups either. So annoying. Seriously.
So, in same note, lets start.
I always try to add as much nutrients as I can in my recipes. And this is one of those recipes which is loaded, yes!, loaded with dense nutrients. It is something I and my DOGS LOVE! My dogs gobble it up in no time. LOL.
It's a great recipe for just yourself or even if you are planning to impress your guests. Very doable and yummy, even for picky eaters.
And remember, we are staying with gluten-free AND organic, plant-based theme for health. Why put unnecessary toxins in your body?
Most of all, as always, here on The Garden Recipe - everything is made/written/done with YOUR ease in mind. So, you will be happy to know this is a one-pot dish. I, in fact, store it (in fridge) in the same steel pan until its finished the next day. Enjoy this light yet comforting, hearty, colorful recipe.
1. 1 box organic gluten-free pasta (fusilli or penne)
2. 1 bunch organic sage and 1 bunch organic basil
3. 2 organic sweet-potatoes.
4. 4 organic tomatoes (roma is fine)
5. 1 box organic portabella mushrooms
6. 1 bunch organic swiss chard
7. 1 -2 medium organic red onion
8. 1 organic red bell pepper
9. 1 whole big garlic
Spices and oils - NOTE: Put less spices first and taste and adjust later.
1. Organic extra virgin, UN-refined coconut oil (3-4 tablespoons)
2. Thyme - 1/2 teaspoon
3. Cayenne - 1/2 teaspoon
4. Smoked paprika - 1/2 teaspoon
5. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste
6. Black pepper
Top it with -
1. Organic Parmesan (Be ethical - only support organic cheese OR buy vegan version - animals's welfare depends on your choices)
2. Organic lemon zest and lemon juice
3. Organic extra virgin olive oil AND avocado oil - yes please!! yum!
4. Organic sage, organic basil and organic parsley.
Simple Steps - Follow these exactly for less clean-up & an amazing dish! Plus, we are doing things eco-friendly way now! Awesome..:)
1. Peel, cut and boil sweet potatoes in large steel pan until very soft and mushy. When done, drain & keep aside in food processor - less clean-up and less water.
2. In same pan, saute garlic and sage slightly - 3-4 minutes in coconut oil. Add garlic & sage to food processor & blend the all with sweet potatoes.
3. Boil pasta per box instructions and now keep this aside on the same plate/bowl you will eat in later.
4. In same large steel pan, add coconut oil, onions, red bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes & saute all until slightly tender and vegetable juices are coming out. Add your swiss chard bit later..so as to not cook it too much. Just to wilt it enough.
5. Now start layering exactly like this: add pasta, sweet potato sauce and add spices per taste. Add less spices - you can adjust more later. Mix all. See pics.
6. Garnish with lemon zest, lemon juice (few drops first - then adjust), organic basil, organic parsley and organic sage. Mix all. Top with organic Parmesan and olive oil. Serve.
To reduce the quantity, all you have to do is reduce the pasta quantity accordingly. I would suggest keeping the veggies same quantity.
To increase more (if making for guests,etc) - Add more pasta and add on more veggies/onions of your choice. Simple!
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 3-4 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2 servings each.
Family of 4 - Will serve breakfast/lunch/dinner.
As with all new positive habits, let's start another one - lets start composting. Put unused parts of veggies and mix them in your soil - this is free organic fertilizer - healthier, free of chemicals and a sacred service to mother Earth - Gaia. If you live in condos/apartment complex, then just find a large bush of plants/grass and offer to them this compost. The soil will use it and the plants will benefit. Please start composting. Let's all stop using plastic bags for such ridiculous reasons.
This is it. Dish made. Forks out - ready to serve! Great recipe to impress guests! And best part? Only one-pot clean-up!!
Have Dogs? - And hey, if you have dogs, don't forget to share some with them. After all, this IS what's called REAL food for a reason. I add little bit of this fresh cooked, off-the-stove meal with their basic food I make. Recipe coming soon for that too. Enjoy!
YouTube channel - Want more recipes like this one? Subscribe to The Garden Recipe YouTube channel; click on icon below on yellow footer.
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tomato - Basil Soup
Alonti's Pesto Pasta
Some Amazing Articles
Navel Oil Massage Benefits
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
1-Pot New Recipes
Quick 5-Min Recipes
Cilantro Chutney w/Mint
Cacao, Pumpkin & Banana Shake
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Amazing Benefits of Bay Leaves & Bay Laurel Oil (NEW Article)
Red Kidney Beans Pilaf in Dutch Oven (NEW Recipe!)
We would love to have you back!
Subscribe to the e-mail so you can receive your daily dose of health & easy, one-pot recipes and simple tips to save you tons of money!
Recipe videos for you.
Sign up here - THE GARDEN RECIPE YouTube channel.
Copyright ©2019 THE GARDEN RECIPE, LLC
All Rights Reserved