Creamy, luxurious veg korma made in cashew sauce with organic tofu and swiss chard. Inc. video for step-by-step recipe. Great with naan, rice or quinoa.
Here is a very rich, creamy recipe but rich and creamy in a good way - we use cashews for that luxurious, silky smooth sauce that restaurant style veg korma dishes have. I made it even more healthy by substituting dairy- and cruelty- filled paneer with organic tofu. Paneer is an inflammatory food while tofu, eaten once in a while, is a great product for health since soy contains protein, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, isoflavones (great for healthy hormones, bone health and even in preventing cancers!) and vitamins and minerals.
Now, make sure when you buy tofu it is certified organic; the reason is because most soy in America is gmo and buying a certified organic product will ensure you are not eating a gmo product or one filled with pesticides. Asians eat lot of soy - almost daily in their diet but up until now, they have had very low rate of cancers. Why? That is because their soy crops have not been gmo crops. In China, Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong, soy is eaten in the form of tofu, soy milk, fermented soy like natto or miso and added to stir-fry. So, add on some good quality, organic tofu in your diet! And at the same time, let go of some toxic dairy products like paneer - its about time!
1. Quantity - I made a lot (for guests too) so to reduce the quantity, just use 1 tofu and half the cashews for the sauce. You can also lower the greens if you like but I do not suggest that. That is it!
2. Creamy Cashew Sauce - Soak rinsed cashews overnight and keep on counter (no refrigeration required). The next morning, wash and rinse the cashews again and when ready to make this recipe, simply add little bit of water and blend.
3. Tomato Puree - Take 4-5 tomatoes and blend - no need for any water as tomatoes are juicy enough to blend easily.
4. Salt - I added sea salt but forgot to add the video clip while editing the final version. So, after you have added the onions and the tomato puree, add on some salt per your taste or start with 1/2 teaspoon and adjust later.
5. Dried Fenugreek (Kasuri Methi/Kasoori Methi) - I LOVE dried fenugreek - it is one of THE ingredients that give that special restaurant style taste to Indian meals. However, not all dried fenugreek are created equal - this is due to the harvest, the weather, the country of origin and soil conditions. So, if you are not buying the exact brand that I use/used, then, plz. make sure to taste your new dried fenugreek BEFORE putting it in the recipe. This way you will know if it has slightly sweet undertone or if it is slightly bitter (which will ruin your recipe if you put too much). The only brand I use and will ever use is Rani Brand - found in Indian stores as well as on amazon.
1. Organic tofu
2. 2 organic yellow onions
3. 2 garlic
4. Ginger - 1 in
5. Green chilies - 4-5
6. 6 organic tomatoes
7. Organic cilantro
8. Organic swiss chard
Spices, Seeds & Oils -
1. Organic Himalayan sea salt
2. Organic Turmeric - 1 Teaspoon
3. Organic Cumin seeds
4. Organic mustard oil
5. Asafoetida (Hing)
6. Cumin powder
7. Coriander powder
9. Garam masala (optional)
10. Black seeds (Kalongi)
11. Dried fenugreek leaves (Kasuri Methi/Kasoori Methi)
Top It With -
1. Organic apple cider vinegar
Simple steps -
Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe and exact measurements.
How To Pair?
You can use this recipe with one of my rice recipes (click on the categories to the right of this article), you can have it as a wrap in lettuce or kale! Very healthy & super tasty! You can pair it with some gluten-free tortillas or naan.
For Those With Sugar Issues - Pair it with quinoa instead of rice. Or simply wrap it up in lettuce or kale. Yummy!
Delicious Recipe Videos
Some Amazing Posts
Asafoetida: A Pinch of A Cure
Is Pumpkin Good for My Dog?
Chickpeas-Spinach in Tomato Curry
Take Me To...
New Holidays Videos
The Best Hot Cacao Recipe
Hot Chocolate with Walnut Milk
Hot Chocolate w/Creamed Cashew & Coconut
We would love to have you back!
Subscribe to the e-mail so you can receive your daily dose of health & easy, one-pot recipes and simple tips to save you tons of money!
Recipe videos for you.
Sign up here - THE GARDEN RECIPE YouTube channel.
Copyright ©2019 THE GARDEN RECIPE, LLC
All Rights Reserved