Spicy one-pot vermicelli with mustard seeds, onions, green chili, tomatoes, green bell pepper along with simple spice mix and ketchup.....
Oh I love this recipe! It is spicy so beware. And of coarse, if you are not interested in making it too spicy, just cut on the spices and green chili. But do try this one as it is loaded with super powerhouse of nutrients - mustard seeds, onions, turmeric, just to name a few...
1. Any gluten-free vermicelli
2. 1 large organic red onion
3. 2-3 organic tomatoes
4. Green chili - per choice
5. 1-2 organic green bell pepper
Spices and oil -
1. Organic UN-refined coconut oil
2. Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
3. Turmeric - 1 tablespoon
4. Coriander powder - 1/3 tablespoon
5. Cayenne - pinch or add later if needed
6. Himalayan sea salt - per taste
Top it with -
1. Black pepper - at end
2. Organic ketchup - 1 tablespoon and then mix, taste and adjust
Simple steps -
1. In steel pan, add oil and mustard seeds on LOW. When spluttering is stopped, add onions, tomatoes, green chili and bell pepper and the spices (#3 - #5). Add salt per taste. Cover for approx. 4-5 mins on medium-low.
2. Add vermicelli and cover with water. Cook on medium low and check after 4-5 mins. Vermicelli cooks very fast so keep check and also keep on mixing - since we are using steel. At the end, add black pepper and ketchup. Enjoy!
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 4 small servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2 serving each.
Family of 4 - Each a good serving.
YouTube channel - Want more recipes like this one? Subscribe to The Garden Recipe YouTube channel; click on icon below on yellow footer.
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tomato - Basil Soup
Alonti's Pesto Pasta
Some Amazing Articles
Navel Oil Massage Benefits
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
1-Pot New Recipes
Quick 5-Min Recipes
Cilantro Chutney w/Mint
Cacao, Pumpkin & Banana Shake
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Amazing Benefits of Bay Leaves & Bay Laurel Oil (NEW Article)
Red Kidney Beans Pilaf in Dutch Oven (NEW Recipe!)
We would love to have you back!
Subscribe to the e-mail so you can receive your daily dose of health & easy, one-pot recipes and simple tips to save you tons of money!
Recipe videos for you.
Sign up here - THE GARDEN RECIPE YouTube channel.
Copyright ©2019 THE GARDEN RECIPE, LLC
All Rights Reserved