Tasty cauliflower cooked w/spices, onions, tomatoes, dried fenugreek topped with hint of ketchup & apple cider vinegar. One-pot.
Love, love, love cauliflower. This is one vegetable that is always in my home. Why? Coz besides me, my dogs love it and I regularly make it for them. Even this spicy dish, I add a little bit to their rice mix or plain rice for them so they can enjoy the health benefits of spices as well as fresh-off-the-stove food. What can be better than that?
Here is what is so great about this recipe -
1. Contain cruciferous vegetable - cauliflower.
2. Cauliflower 1 serving = 77% daily value of Vit C.
3. Is anti-inflammatory, thus anti-cancer - just like garlic, turmeric, onions, tomatoes...all the goodies in this recipe.
4. Digestion & detoxification - cauliflower, cayenne, turmeric, cumin seeds, garlic and onions - whoa!
5. Add to it all - the great master of all - organic, UN-refined apple cider vinegar. Perfect taste and you got it in your recipe! 2-in-1 !!
6. A one-pot dish!
7. Best of all, we are going to bring back mustard oil - for its health benefits AND the taste! And we are still going to use coconut oil as well.
8. Last but not least, remember we are going back to basics - so NO non-stick pans for you! Only steel or copper or iron.
So let's get started.
1. 3 organic medium onions
2. 3 organic medium tomatoes
3. 1 whole garlic - yes! as much as possible
4. 1 whole organic cauliflower
Spices and oils -
1. Organic mustard oil - 4 tablespoon
2. Organic, UN-refined coconut oil - 4 tablespoon (NOTE - I & my dogs - we eat lot of healthy fats - so you can adjust if you want but this is how my recipes are cooked. Good amount of healthy nourishing fats!..:)
3. Cayenne - 1/3 teaspoon - try less first. I eat spicy so my photo shows more. I used 1 whole teaspoon.
4. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste or I used 1 1/2 teaspoon approx. Use less first n then adjust.
5. Organic turmeric - LOTS of it so 3 tablespoonful!
6. Garam masala, cumin seed powder, coriander powder - 1 teaspoon each (can add bit later if you want, taste first while cooking)
7. Cumin seeds - LOT - 3 tablespoons
Top with -
1. Organic ketchup - 1 tablespoon
2. Organic apple cider vinegar - 2 tablespoon
3. Organic coconut-plant based butter. (Yes!! We are caring not just about ourselves, but also the planet and the sacred animals!! Whoa! And the taste...well you will know soon. Not to mention it is excellent for weight..:) I use Melt organic butter - my absolute fav.!!)
4. Dried fenugreek
5. Fresh squeezed lemon juice -1/2 or 1 whole. Mix first, taste and adjust.
Simple steps -
1. In steel pan, put chopped onions first, then cumin seeds and add both your oils. Now, start the stove on medium and saute. Add tomatoes and garlic and saute till bit soft - 7 mins approx.
2. Add spices and lower heat to medium low. Mix. Add cauliflower now and add 1/2 cup water. See in pics.
3. Mix all and cover and leave on medium-low for approx. 15 mins. Open and see if cauliflower is soft.
4. Add the ketchup, dried fenugreek and butter. Leave it UN-covered.
5. WAIT for 20 minutes - till the dish has cooled down and THEN add organic apple cider vinegar & lemon juice. Yes, this is the way healthy food is made - with some effort and love.
Enjoy with gluten free tortilla or rice or even fresh bread! Yummy.
For my dogs too! -
See the photo below how I feed my dogs..:) And of coarse, they love it - bowl empty in 2 mins! LOL. After all who can beat the taste of fresh, home cooked meal, right off the stove as opposed to that 'thing' called 'dog food' from the plastic bag!
Yuck!..:( So, do enjoy with your dogs too...:)
For Pairings & Impressing Guests - Hmm..Solved!
For colorful, spicier combo, pair this dish with - Turmeric Rice w/Cilantro
For more neutral combo, go with - Plain Rice w/Cumin Seeds
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tomato - Basil Soup
Alonti's Pesto Pasta
Some Amazing Articles
Navel Oil Massage Benefits
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
1-Pot New Recipes
Quick 5-Min Recipes
Cilantro Chutney w/Mint
Cacao, Pumpkin & Banana Shake
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Amazing Benefits of Bay Leaves & Bay Laurel Oil (NEW Article)
Red Kidney Beans Pilaf in Dutch Oven (NEW Recipe!)
We would love to have you back!
Subscribe to the e-mail so you can receive your daily dose of health & easy, one-pot recipes and simple tips to save you tons of money!
Recipe videos for you.
Sign up here - THE GARDEN RECIPE YouTube channel.
Copyright ©2019 THE GARDEN RECIPE, LLC
All Rights Reserved