Light & colorful, one-pot dish made with spinach, zucchini, mushrooms, red bell pepper, onions, garlic and tomatoes - all in 20 mins approx.
When you signed up at The Garden Recipe - it was not just for easy, one-pot dishes but also for health and this recipe delivers just that and more!
It is loaded with spinach and other nutrient dense veggies along with cancer-fighting mushrooms!
Also, we DON'T cook the spinach - to keep its nutrients, we just add at the end and let the natural warm wilt it - a BIG healthy hack you can only learn here.
No need for any unhealthy fatty stuff like cream/dairy/cheese...yuck! The juices of the vegetables are enough to make this dish flavorful and creamy enough.
I added Melt organic coconut/plant based butter at the end - it is my favorite and great for weight management AND did I mention that coconut butter is also anti-inflammatory?
But if you don't have it right now, you can skip that too - trust me, this recipe is super delicious while being light at the same time as well.
1. 2 organic zucchini
2. Organic mushrooms - 1 box, see pics
3. 2 organic yellow onions
4. 1 organic red bell pepper
5 3 organic tomatoes
6. 1 whole garlic
7. 1 WHOLE bag of frozen organic spinach - 16 oz
Pasta - Jovial Gluten free pasta
Spices and oils -
1. Organic unrefined coconut oil
2. Black pepper
3. Organic Himalayan sea salt
4. Cayenne - start with 1/3 teaspoon and taste and adjust if want more
5. Red pepper flakes - optional
Top with -
1. Melt organic coconut butter (heart healthy, weight healthy and good fat)
2. Fresh squeezed lemon juice
Simple steps -
1. As in pics, add veggies + oil to pan at the same time. Saute for 8 mins or so on medium-low till all juices come out. Add pasta directly from box and if needed add bit of water. Cover and cook on medium low. Keep watch and mix. When pasta is done - turn off the stove.
2. WAIT for 10 - 15 mins till food cools off and THEN add spinach. Mix and cover. After 5-6 mins, mix again and enjoy!
Plus, to reduce the quantity, all you have to do is reduce the pasta quantity accordingly. I would suggest keeping the veggies same quantity.
To increase more (if making for guests,etc) - Add more pasta and add on more veggies/onions of your choice. Simple!
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 3-4 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2 servings each.
Family of 4 - Will serve breakfast/lunch/dinner.
Composting - Also, as always, keep composting - that is your organic free fertilizer - so all your vegetable/onion ends - yup, put it in a bin outside or just throw under the soil! Plants/Earth will thank you plus let's all stop using plastic for such ridiculous reasons. Compost! Compost! Compost! from now on.
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tomatoey, Tangy Sweet & Spicy Noodles
Some Amazing Posts
Asafoetida: A Pinch of A Cure
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
New Recipe Videos
Cacao, Pumpkin & Banana Shake
Cilantro Chutney w/Mint
We would love to have you back!
Subscribe to the e-mail so you can receive your daily dose of health & easy, one-pot recipes and simple tips to save you tons of money!
Recipe videos for you.
Sign up here - THE GARDEN RECIPE YouTube channel.
Copyright ©2019 THE GARDEN RECIPE, LLC
All Rights Reserved