Creamy tofu w/colorful, organic veggies - in just 20 mins. Great for wraps or even with rice or quinoa. This is one quick & easy recipe!
Unlike other sites/bloggers that make you do endless things before you make the recipe, it is not the case here. I like shortcuts!
So, here also, I took a shortcut - NO NEED to saute tofu first and then blah...blah...Nope, just follow the instructions and you will be done and about with the main dish before you even know it! and hardly any clean-up in no time.
Did you know that adding little bit of soy is great for you. It contains estrogen-like compounds called isoflavones.
Now, I don't eat much of it - mainly because of it's environmental effects as soy fields are responsible for some of deforestation of the Amazon rain forest. But, eating it sometimes AND making sure you support healthy agricultural practices that benefit all of us in the long-term is fine - for once in a while.
So, for one thing, make sure you always buy soy that is organic, non-gmo and from your country. And this will not only be just your altruistic contribution to mother Earth but also will be beneficial for your body. Organic, non-gmo products in general are great and so is such with soy.
Now as for the recipe, just follow the instructions and you will be out with the main dish and hardly any clean-up in no time. Again, one-pot and great to have for light brunch or lunch or dinner.
1. 1 bunch organic swiss chard (or spinach)
2. 1 organic medium yellow onion
3. 1 organic red bell pepper
4. 3 organic tomatoes - medium
5. 1 box organic, non-GMO extra firm tofu - drained
Spices and oil -
1. Organic unrefined coconut oil - 4 tablespoons
2. Cayenne, Himalayan sea salt and black pepper - try 1/3 each first and then if needed, adjust at end.
3. Black Salt (Kala Namak) - this is what gives that sulfur smell of eggs in vegan recipes, YUM! Can add this instead for that flavor and aroma.
Top with -
1. Organic, ethically made feta cheese
Optional Herbs/Veggies to add -
1. Thyme, oregano or basil
2. Veggies - Spinach, organic corn, carrots, zucchini, squash, green bell pepper
Simple steps -
1. In steel pan, add coconut oil and all chopped veggies. After the veggies are slightly soft and juices are coming out, add drained tofu. Break it in pieces.
2. Add spices #2 - per taste. Mix all. Keep cooking for another 7-8 mins or until tofu is flavorful.
3. Add feta and mix. Enjoy with spinach gluten-free tortilla or rice.
This served approx. 6 gluten-free tortilla wraps. And of coarse, it depends from person to person. If you want more in each wrap, then the serving will be less.
To increase the quantity (like when cooking for guests) - simply add more tofu or veggies or both.
No need for extra sauce as the feta and tofu both make it rich and creamy enough. I added some to my dogs evening dinner - with their home cooked rice mix and they loved it..:)
Composting - Also, as always, keep composting - that is your organic free fertilizer - so all your vegetable/onion ends - yup, put it in a bin outside or just throw under the soil! Plants/Earth will thank you plus let's all stop using plastic for such ridiculous reasons. Compost! Compost! Compost! from now on.
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tomato - Basil Soup
Alonti's Pesto Pasta
Some Amazing Articles
Navel Oil Massage Benefits
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
1-Pot New Recipes
Quick 5-Min Recipes
Cilantro Chutney w/Mint
Cacao, Pumpkin & Banana Shake
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Amazing Benefits of Bay Leaves & Bay Laurel Oil (NEW Article)
Red Kidney Beans Pilaf in Dutch Oven (NEW Recipe!)
We would love to have you back!
Subscribe to the e-mail so you can receive your daily dose of health & easy, one-pot recipes and simple tips to save you tons of money!
Recipe videos for you.
Sign up here - THE GARDEN RECIPE YouTube channel.
Copyright ©2019 THE GARDEN RECIPE, LLC
All Rights Reserved