Tomato Rice w/mustard seeds, onions, garlic & herbs in just 20 minutes. Perfect for weekday or lunch box or even for guests!
Tomato rice is a famous recipe from South India but actually, it is cooked all over India - not just the South. I love tomatoes and I love rice - hence, here we are! LOL.
This recipe is quick, easy and best of all, one pot! You can make it any weekday and even take for lunch box the next day. Don't confuse it's simplicity and ease of cooking to it not being nourishing.
Packed with seeds like cumin and mustard seeds and add to it anti-cancer onions, garlic, tomatoes and ginger, you are already feeling good! As if that is not enough, we then bring in a good colorful variety of spices like turmeric, thyme, cumin & coriander powder and cayenne. Thyme is one of the best herbs for anti-cancer diet. Cayenne is extremely detoxifying while turmeric as we all know, boosts immunity. Cumin and coriander help with the digestion and garam masala wraps it all up with an extra dose of health and taste.
Then, cilantro adds some 'greens' to the recipe and along with its mild spicy flavor that brings all the goodness of the recipe together, cilantro is also an excellent chelator - it helps pull heavy metals out of the body. Ya! REALLY. Eat more cilantro!
Remember, recipes like THIS one and many more on this site, are the key to preventing diseases and in lowering your inflammation. So, what's the wait then? Lets make this beautiful tomato rice recipe, now!
1. 6 organic medium tomatoes
2. 3 medium organic yellow onion
4. 2 whole garlic
5. 1 whole bunch organic cilantro
Spices and oil -
1. Organic turmeric
3. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste.
4. Organic unrefined coconut oil
5. Organic cumin seeds -4 Tablespoons (see video)
6. Mustard seeds -1 Teaspoon
7. Coriander spice powder
8. Cumin powder
9. Garam masala (optional)
1. Tomato-onion mixture, boiled rice & cilantro
Top with -
1. Organic apple cider vinegar & lemon
Simple Steps - Watch the video and see the pics.
Single (Adult portion size - SEE BOWL in the video/pic) - This would serve approx. 2-3 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - 1+ serving each.
Family of 4 - Each a good rice bowl.
All in all, a beautiful, great, tasty rice dish to make anytime or serve guests!
For those with SUGAR issues:-
If you have sugar issues, you can still enjoy this recipe with 4 very simple, easy options!
1. REDUCE the quantity of rice and add some quinoa. So, you can do, say, 30% rice to 70% quinoa.
2. OR, you can eliminate rice completely - make the recipe as is, and mix in quinoa instead of rice.
3. And remember, to add some Ceylon cinnamon to your food when cooking AND when ready to eat.
4. Add some bay leaves powder for even more powerful blood sugar balance! Happy Cooking!
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tomato - Basil Soup
Alonti's Pesto Pasta
Some Amazing Articles
Navel Oil Massage Benefits
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
1-Pot New Recipes
Cabbage Risotto - Only 5 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Bhindi Masala - Okra Recipe - Only 2 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing My Clay Pots from India to USA
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
Amazing Benefits of Bay Leaves & Bay Laurel Oil
Basil Pesto w/Pecans
Top 5 Everyday Spices for Dogs (NEW Article!)