Never, ever make plain rice again! Easy turmeric rice with cilantro & garlic - just 20 mins & you are done! Inc. video/photos. A one-pot dish!
This is a very simple yet a healing recipe - so to say. Follow the step-by-step process and you will not only make this rice again and again, but truly, your body will thank you for it.
It contains a very powerful healing herb - cilantro/coriander. It cleans blood and is considered anti-cancer.
Cilantro is a chelator, meaning it binds to heavy metals in your body. Studies have proven how cilantro can help your body get rid of lead. This is the reason why it is an excellent blood cleanser. So start taking cilantro as much as you can in your diet.
Cilantro is also rich in phytochemicals that delay/prevent oxidative stress to our body. And if you are concerned about your blood sugar levels or you are a diabetic, then cilantro is excellent as it keeps blood sugar in check.
And most of all, cilantro is yummy! Cilantro is super tasty in pilafs, beans, lentils, curries, vegetables, savory pancakes and of coarse, soups.
I do NOT like to cook it - just wilt it enough so you can enjoy the taste. Do NOT ever cook your greens and we are going to follow the same with respect to cilantro here.
So for that, in ALL my recipes, I add cilantro only after I have turned the stove OFF. Yes. That's the way to cook for health. That's called real food. Real cooking. You get the point. Now, let's start.
1. 1- 2 whole garlic (yes! load up on sulfur! You can even add onions if you like)
2. Organic rice (any of your choice - I used basmati here)
3. Organic cilantro - 1 whole bunch, chopped rough or fine, your choice
Spices and Oils -
1. Organic turmeric - 1 whole tablespoon - don't skip it!!..:)
2. Organic, UN-refined coconut oil - 4 tablespoons
3. Cayenne - per taste
4. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste or add 1/2 teaspoon first. Mix, taste & adjust if needed.
5. Cumin seeds - 1 whole tablespoon
Top with -
1. Organic apple cider vinegar 1-2 tablespoon (see pics/video)
2. Organic fresh lemon juice
1. Soaked/UN-soaked rice - When using organic rice, sometimes, I don't soak it. If I want to toast rice in recipe, then I add directly as seen in this recipe. BUT, I only do with organic rice (due to its low or zero pesticide content).
So, once in a while, if you don't soak your rice, it is OK. Even those minute dirt/germs you think might be there, are good for you - they adapt your body and increase your immunity. So, think on terms of balancing it out - soaking rice 80% of the time and then not soaking your organic rice 20% of the time and you will be fine. No need to freak out over every single little 'health' thing..:) Goodness!!
2. Compost - Plz. don't waste cilantro ends - you can either compost it (your FREE organic fertilizer) OR if you live in apartments/condos, then just plz. throw the ends between tall grass or bushes. Earth will be SO happy and will thank you for the extra nutrients.
3. IF you have dogs, then believe me, this is what I used my cilantro ends for - RAW GREEN PASTE FOR DOGS - this is super anti-oxidant, cleansing and anti-cancer paste for dogs. Spread the health! To you, your pets and others who need healing!
Plz. share this message/post. And enjoy your cilantro rice!
Pair it with my super easy lentils recipe or chickpea curry - you are sure to enjoy this rice even more!
For those with SUGAR issues:-
If you have sugar issues, you can still enjoy this recipe with 2 very simple, easy options!
1. REDUCE the quantity of rice and add some quinoa. So, you can do, say, 30% rice to 70% quinoa.
2. OR, you can eliminate rice completely - make the recipe as is, and mix in quinoa instead of rice.
And remember, to add some Ceylon cinnamon to your food when cooking AND when ready to eat.
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tomato - Basil Soup
Alonti's Pesto Pasta
Some Amazing Articles
Navel Oil Massage Benefits
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
1-Pot New Recipes
Quick 5-Min Recipes
Cilantro Chutney w/Mint
Cacao, Pumpkin & Banana Shake
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Amazing Benefits of Bay Leaves & Bay Laurel Oil (NEW Article)
Red Kidney Beans Pilaf in Dutch Oven (NEW Recipe!)
We would love to have you back!
Subscribe to the e-mail so you can receive your daily dose of health & easy, one-pot recipes and simple tips to save you tons of money!
Recipe videos for you.
Sign up here - THE GARDEN RECIPE YouTube channel.
Copyright ©2019 THE GARDEN RECIPE, LLC
All Rights Reserved