Vibrant beet soup made with herbs like thyme, garlic & cilantro, tomatoes, onions and many more veggies. Inc. video & photos.
Here is one of my favorite recipes - my beet soup. Loaded with nutrient dense veggies and LOTS of garlic to create that rich, garlicky-peppery taste.
Let's go over as to why this soup is so great!
Benefits of this soup recipe:-
1. Contains LOT of garlic - Yes! My recipe I used 2 whole garlic! That's a good amount not just for taste but also for health. Garlic is one of the most powerful herb for anti-cancer prevention as well as for immunity. Garlic is great for everyone - from healthy individuals to diabetics to cancer patients! Moreover, the sulfur compounds (allicin and S-allyl cysteine) in garlic along with its powerful flavonoids (quercetin) are the reason why it is considered anti-cancer.
2. Made with mirepoix (onion, carrot, celery) - Not just for a super tasty soup base but also for robust health, this combination is great for an anti-inflammation diet. Fresh produce like celery can be of immense help for those who have digestive upsets like ibs, ibd, indigestion, bloating, etc. Celery is rich in vitamins like vit K, vit B6, potassium, folate, enzymes and fiber.
3. Includes herbs like thyme and cilantro - Cilantro is a "must" if you want health. Why? Coz cilantro is a chelator; this means it goes into your body and gets rid of heavy metals. This is HUGE deal - do you know how much toxic overload that is? Why not include cilantro as much as you can in your recipes but not just that, include a whole bunch or two each time!
Now, this dish is great as it uses one of the best healing herbs on this planet: thyme. It is excellent for allergies, for respiratory issues (congestion, bronchitis, coughs, sore throat, etc), arthritis, anti-septic, anti-microbial and of coarse, anti-cancer due to its thymol content.
Did you know it also increases the amount of healthy fats like DHA in brain, kidney and heart cell membranes? So, better get cooking with thyme...and add to it some coconut oil in the recipe, you are sure to get the benefits and feel good.
4. Most of all, it contains BEETS!!!!!!! - Yes! Beets are one of the most powerful vegetable on the planet! From helping prevent cancer, to creating healthy immunity, lower blood pressure and helps you detox the liver! They also help in weight loss as well as rich in nutrients. Make them part of your diet and in soup recipes like this one, it won't be any struggle to take beets from now on.
Alright, so now lets get cooking!
1. 4 organic roma tomatoes or 3 medium tomatoes
2. 1 organic red bell pepper
3. 1 large organic red or yellow onion
4. 1 organic cilantro bunch
5. 3-4 organic celery sticks
6. 3-4 organic carrots
7. 2 whole garlic
8. Ginger - see pic or per taste
9. 4 organic beets - peeled
Spices and oil -
1. Black pepper - LOTS of it. The more the better in this recipe.
2. Cayenne -1 teaspoon, mix and then taste. Adjust if needed.
3. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste.
4. Organic unrefined coconut oil to cook
5. Thyme - 1 teaspoon
6. Cumin & coriander powder - 1.5 tablespoon for cumin and 1 teaspoon for coriander - adjust later.
Top with -
1. 1-2 whole lemon
2. Extra virgin olive oil
Simple Steps - Watch the video or the pics.
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 4-6 servings, depending on your soup bowl size.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 3 serving each.
Family of 4 - Each a good soup bowl.
All in all, a beautiful, great, tasty soup to make or serve guests during the holidays or anytime!
YouTube channel - Want more recipes like this one? Subscribe to The Garden Recipe YouTube channel; click on icon below on yellow footer.
Have Dogs? Share some with your pooch too! The last pic shows you how I give to my dogs and it is so nutritive for them too. This IS how you prevent onset of diseases in your dog by making sure they get LOTS of colorful nutrients. Let Fido enjoy LIFE & its beautiful colors!! You know what I mean - give some to your dogs!!
Pairings & Impressing..:)
Need something to pair this with? Make stir-fry rice noodles as they are both light and colorful - a great way to please your guests..:) We taste food with our eyes first, you know..:)
STIR-FRY W/RICE NOODLES
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tomato - Basil Soup
Tomato-Ginger Chutney (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Navel Oil Massage Benefits
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
1-Pot New Recipes
Cabbage Risotto - Only 5 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Bhindi Masala - Okra Recipe - Only 2 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing My Clay Pots from India to USA
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
Trikatu: Ayurvedic 3 Spice Blend for Health (NEW Article)
Cilantro Rice w/Turmeric
All About Spices in Indian Cooking (NEW Article!)
CCF Tea: An Ayuredic Tea Recipe for Digestion & Detoxification