A very healing cabbage recipe w/daikon radish & microgreens. Easy to make & enjoy with rice, quinoa or wrap! Inc. video & pics!
Here is a very powerful, healing recipe that truly heals, thanks to one of the most medicinal vegetables on this planet - cabbage! Cabbage is rich in fiber, which is great as fiber is the one we need to keep out digestive tract healthy and clean. On top of that, cabbage paired with daikon radish, which has been used since centuries to aid in digestion. Countries like India and Japan eat lot of daikon radish during winter times, when it is cooked in savory recipes. Called 'mooli' in Hindi, recipes such as savory mooli paratha (flat-bread stuffed with radish) or mooli sabzi (radish vegetable) are made almost everyday during winter time.
Now, you might think that the combination of these two vegetables with give you bloating or gas - no, it won't. My recipe is brilliant as it is made with lots of cumin seeds as well as asafoetida, both of which aid in digesting such fibers.
Now, let's get cooking!
1. Organic cabbage - I used 1/2 here but you can use more.
2. 4 organic yellow onions
3. 1 garlic
4. 1 organic daikon radish (can add more)
6. 2 organic tomatoes
7. Organic cilantro
Spices, Seeds & Oils -
1. Organic Himalayan sea salt
2. Organic Turmeric - 1/2 Teaspoon
3. Organic Cumin seeds
4. Organic coconut oil
5. Asafoetida (Hing)
6. Cumin powder
7. Coriander powder
9. Garam masala (optional)
Top It With -
1. Organic apple cider vinegar
Simple steps -
Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe and exact measurements.
How To Pair?
You can use this recipe with one of my rice recipes (click on the categories to the right of this article), you can have it as a wrap in lettuce or kale! Very healthy & super tasty! Another way to enjoy this is by simply pairing it with soups - this is especially great if you are trying to lose weight, detox and/or lower inflammation in the body.
For Those With Sugar Issues - Pair it with quinoa instead of rice. Or simply wrap it up in lettuce or kale or even slightly cooked swiss chard! Yummy!
1. Organic apple cider vinegar must be added at the end when the food has cooled down a LOT - otherwise you lose its benefits.
2. Adding cilantro and microgreens add not just more flavor but also enhances the nutritional value of this recipe. Add them at the end - just enough to wilt them. Watch the video.
3. If you have SIBO, IBS/IBD, leaky gut, etc - Make the recipe exactly as is except you can lower the spices further. This recipe is already very low on spices - so you can adjust more according to your digestive condition.
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tomato - Basil Soup
Tomato-Ginger Chutney (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Navel Oil Massage Benefits
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
1-Pot New Recipes
Cabbage Risotto - Only 5 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Bhindi Masala - Okra Recipe - Only 2 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing My Clay Pots from India to USA
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
Trikatu: Ayurvedic 3 Spice Blend for Health (NEW Article)
Cilantro Rice w/Turmeric
All About Spices in Indian Cooking (NEW Article!)
CCF Tea: An Ayuredic Tea Recipe for Digestion & Detoxification