Creamy pasta w/lot of greens, mushrooms, herbs like chives & parsley - topped w/garlicky tahini. A luxurious dish done right! One-pot.
Toasted & roasted! That's the story of tahini - a mouth watering paste made out of hulled white sesame seeds in Mediterranean, Middle East, North African & Caucasus cuisine.
Tahini is one great way to add powerhouse sesame seeds to your diet. It is crucial that you incorporate seeds and nuts in your daily regimen if you want to keep yourself healthy and prevent diseases later in life. I made this recipe so tasty and so nutrient dense that there is NO way if you eat like these kind of recipes, you won't feel good. So, lets see why this recipe is so worthy of your cooking time..:)
Why is this recipe so great?
1. Contains Sesame seeds - They are extremely high in calcium which in turns will help you prevent bone loss, osteoporosis & arthritis. They are very rich in vitamins and minerals such as cancer fighting selenium, anti-inflammatory copper, manganese, anti-cancer & anti-inflammatory magnesium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, vitamin B1 & amino acids. Most of all they also contain rich dietary fiber - something we all need extra with the amount of toxins we are consuming. Dietary fiber helps your gut move along with healthy digestion and keep your stomach, colon and intestines healthy.
Sesame seeds also contain powerful anti-cancer antioxidants. Sesamol in sesame seeds is a compound that has the ability to protect body from harmful radiation. It prevents cell mutation and thus, protects DNA from damage.
Sesame seeds are also great for diabetics as they contain magnesium which is anti-inflammatory and helps in managing the symptoms by regulating insulin and glucose levels in the body.
2. Contain plant-based protein - We ALL know that there is one thing the whole world agrees on and that is, the fact that plant-based diet is the answer to all health issues. More veggies and more focus on plant-based nutrients is the key to preventing or even reversing the diseases. So, why not get protein from seeds and nuts as well as top the dish with veggies and brown rice pasta?
3. Is Anti-Inflammatory & Anti-Cancer - As with ALL my recipes, there is nothing bad in this dish that will cause even an ounce of inflammation - the root cause of all diseases. So, imagine how powerful it is when you eat meals like this recipe for lunch/dinner/lunchbox; not only do are they good for the body but for those suffering from any inflammation, this type of entree helps to lower it. Garlic, onions, greens, herbs, sesame seeds, lemon...AND brown rice pasta all help to make you feel good. Truly.
4. Rich in Fatty Acids - As you know by now, ALL my recipes are made in tons of organic, unrefined coconut oil. With million benefits this oil offers from thyroid health to detox to diabetes to beauty, the list is endless. Add to it, the power of sesame seeds and this dish delivers a good amount of fats to your body - for healthy skin, joints, brain, energy, heart and hair health.
5. One-pot, easy & quick - Yep. Another one-pot recipe for you. You are so welcome..:)
6. Great for kids & to impress guests! - That is correct. Kids love the taste of tahini so why not get some powerful greens and herbs on to their plate with the help of....tahini! Also, a great dish to impress guest as it looks and feels luxurious when you crunch on the first bite! Plus, hardly any clean-up for you.
OK. With that said, lets make this recipe.
1. 1 organic swiss chard
2. 3 organic tomatoes
3. Organic mushrooms - 1 box
4. 3 organic onions (1/2 for raw tahini & 2.5 for pasta)
5. 1 whole big garlic or 2 garlic
6. Chives - 1 bunch
7. Green onions - 1 bunch
8. Parsley - a good amount!
Top with -
1. Lemon & Olive oil.
Simple Steps - See video & pics below.
NOTE: If your blender or processor is not making the paste as smooth as you like, then IF you plan on using all of the paste right away (or in next 2-3 days), you can add bit of water or more oil. IF you plan on storing the paste for longer, then only add oil and salt to preserve.
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 4 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2 servings each.
Family of 4 - Will serve breakfast/lunch/dinner.
As with all new positive habits, let's start another one - lets start composting. Put unused parts of veggies and mix them in your soil - this is free organic fertilizer - healthier, free of chemicals and a sacred service to mother Earth - Gaia. If you live in condos/apartment complex, then just find a large bush of plants/grass and offer to them this compost. The soil will use it and the plants will benefit. Please start composting. Let's all stop using plastic bags for such ridiculous reasons.
Have Dogs? - And hey, if you have dogs, don't forget to share some with them. After all, this IS what's called REAL food for a reason. I add little bit of this fresh cooked, off-the-stove meal with their basic food I make. I kept bit of tahini and mushrooms for them as well and mixed with their brown rice and they loved it. YES!! Dogs can eat onions - I know coz I have been feeding my dogs since 13+ yrs!! Just a bit in food and its OK.
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tomato - Basil Soup
Tomato-Ginger Chutney (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Navel Oil Massage Benefits
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
1-Pot New Recipes
Cabbage Risotto - Only 5 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Bhindi Masala - Okra Recipe - Only 2 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing My Clay Pots from India to USA
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
Trikatu: Ayurvedic 3 Spice Blend for Health (NEW Article)
Cilantro Rice w/Turmeric
All About Spices in Indian Cooking (NEW Article!)
CCF Tea: An Ayuredic Tea Recipe for Digestion & Detoxification