Have some left-over veggies or some sauce that you never used? Try this easy recipe - light, colorful, tasty dish that is also healthy.
Rest assured, you will have lot of flavor in this recipe - the art is to make recipes with simple, affordable ingredients you already have and only spend the money where it is needed most - on organic produce.
Now that you are on The Garden Recipe, you just can't help but see both your money and health increase..:). Also, see the pics and you will know the quantity this makes. If wanting less, then reduce your rice to whatever quantity you need. Simple!
NOTE: Boil rice first in the same pan you are going to cook and keep aside in the bowl or plate you are going to eat in later. Reduce wastage, your clean-up time and make this a one-pot recipe!
1. 1/2 organic green cabbage
2. 4 organic tomatoes
3. 2 medium organic yellow onions or red onions
4. 1 organic red bell pepper and 1 green bell pepper
5. 1 whole garlic
6. Organic jasmine rice or any - I used 10 oz.
Spices and oil -
1. Organic coconut oil - 4 tablespoons
2. Cayenne - 1/2 teaspoon first. Taste at end and then adjust. Or, if not a spice lover, then start with 1/3 teaspoon
3. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste or 1/2 teaspoon first.
4. Liquid aminos - 2-3 tablespoon
5. Red chilli sauce - per taste, optional if you have in fridge - use it
6. Thyme - 1/2 teaspoon.
7. 3-4 dry red chilies
8. Sweet orange sauce (optional)
Top it with -
1. Melt organic coconut butter - yes!! super healthy, kind to you and the planet
2. Organic apple cider vinegar - 2 tablespoons (taste and can add more)
Simple steps -
1. Watch the video for exact step-by-step instructions.
To reduce the quantity, all you have to do is reduce the rice quantity accordingly. I would suggest keeping the veggies quantity the same.
To increase more (if making for guests,etc) - Add more rice and add on more veggies/onions of your choice. Simple!
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 4 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2 serving each.
Family of 4 - 1 serving each.
For those with SUGAR issues:-
If you have sugar issues, you can still enjoy this recipe with 2 very simple, easy options!
1. REDUCE the quantity of rice and add some quinoa. So, you can do, say, 30% rice to 70% quinoa.
2. OR, you can eliminate rice completely - make the recipe as is, and mix in quinoa instead of rice.
And remember, to add some Ceylon cinnamon to your food when cooking AND when ready to eat.
Composting - Also, let's continue our theme of composting. Plz. collect all you veggie ends and compost. Its free organic fertilizer!
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tofu Rice w/Crispy Onions
Tomato-Ginger Chutney (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Navel Oil Massage Benefits
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
1-Pot New Recipes
Cabbage Risotto - Only 5 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Bhindi Masala - Okra Recipe - Only 2 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing My Clay Pots from India to USA
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
Trikatu: Ayurvedic 3 Spice Blend
Calamus: The Herb for Digestions, Diabetes, Sleep & Much More! (NEW)
All About Spices in Indian Cooking
CCF Tea: An Ayuredic Tea Recipe for Digestion & Detoxification