Poha is one of the yummiest Indian dishes you can ever make, not to mention healthy, fast, easy. Can be served as snack or breakfast.
As with all Garden Recipes, your comfort is top most priority so be happy to know this is again a one-pot dish - yes!! very little clean-up. You will be in the kitchen maximum 20 mins. And done. Yup.
Here are the reasons why I love this recipe and you will too -
1. It cooks in no time - max 20 mins from start to finish.
2. It is great for lunch box - yours and kids.
3. Great for entertaining - fast and easy and for anytime of day - snack/lunch/dinner/breakfast.
4. Super healthy - no wheat, lots of red onions, mustard seeds, curry leaves and turmeric.
5. One-pot!! Love it!!
6. Easy to make - even new cooks can make it - just follow the directions.
OK, so let's get started with another robust, health filling recipe.
1. 1 packet poha (Indian store or online or health food store). 2 cups - rinsed in water.
2. 1 small bunch curry leaves - if you can't find, then it's OK.
3. 1 organic medium or large red onion
4. 2 organic medium tomatoes
5. 1 bunch organic cilantro
6. Peanuts - handful
1. 1 tablespoon mustard seeds - I add lot for health benefits - look in the photo below.
2. 1 tablespoon turmeric
3. Cayenne - per taste - try 1/3 teaspoon first, then add more.
4. 1-2 green chillis
5. 2-3 dry red chillis
Simple steps -
1. Rinse poha in sieve/bowl for 1 minute. Keep aside.
2. Heat organic coconut oil in steel pan. Throw in mustard seeds, red chilli and green chopped chili - all on medium heat. Saute for 2-3 minutes until you hear spluttering of mustard seeds.
2. Add onions, tomatoes, curry leaves, peanuts and turmeric/salt/cayenne and saute - until all are cooked and soft.
3. Add poha to the mix.
4. Mix all for 3-5 minutes and add organic cilantro as much. I added 1 whole bunch for health and taste as I love it. Serve and enjoy the tasty meal.
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tomato - Basil Soup
Tomato-Ginger Chutney (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Navel Oil Massage Benefits
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
1-Pot New Recipes
Cabbage Risotto - Only 5 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Bhindi Masala - Okra Recipe - Only 2 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing My Clay Pots from India to USA
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
Trikatu: Ayurvedic 3 Spice Blend for Health (NEW Article)
Cilantro Rice w/Turmeric
All About Spices in Indian Cooking (NEW Article!)
CCF Tea: An Ayuredic Tea Recipe for Digestion & Detoxification