This recipe is super-healthy! No gluten - ONLY chickpea flour, spinach, onions, tomatoes & ginger-garlic. Perfect for lunch-box.
This is also called cheela in Hindi and is made very often in Indian homes. Make the batter and store in fridge for 2 days easily. And let's continue to use ceramic pans - much healthier than non-stick pans.
Ingredients - This makes about 3-4 cheela
1. Chickpea/gram/besan flour - approx. 1 cup
2. Garlic - Ginger - can be paste or per choice
3. 1 Organic cilantro bunch
4. 1 organic red onion
5. 2 tomatoes
6. 1-2 green chili
Spices and oils -
1. Organic coconut oil
2. Organic Himalayan sea salt
3. Cayenne - 1/3 teaspoon first then adjust more if needed
4. Turmeric - 1 tablespoon!!
5. Cumin/coriander - optional - 1/2 teaspoon each
Simple steps -
1. Mix all ingredients and spices and add water - start with 1/2 cup. The batter should be thin but thick enough to put on pan. See pics below. After mixing, put oil on pan and make your first amazing cheela! Enjoy!
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tofu Rice w/Crispy Onions
Tomato-Ginger Chutney (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Navel Oil Massage Benefits
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
1-Pot New Recipes
Cabbage Risotto - Only 5 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Bhindi Masala - Okra Recipe - Only 2 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing My Clay Pots from India to USA
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
Trikatu: Ayurvedic 3 Spice Blend
Calamus: The Herb for Digestions, Diabetes, Sleep & Much More! (NEW)
All About Spices in Indian Cooking
CCF Tea: An Ayuredic Tea Recipe for Digestion & Detoxification