Spicy one-pot vermicelli with mustard seeds, onions, green chili, tomatoes, bell pepper along with simple spice mix & ketchup.
Oh I love this recipe! It is spicy so beware. And of coarse, if you are not interested in making it too spicy, just cut on the spices and green chili. But do try this one as it is loaded with super powerhouse of nutrients - mustard seeds, onions, turmeric, just to name a few...
1. Any gluten-free vermicelli
2. 1 large organic red onion
3. 2-3 organic tomatoes
4. Green chili - per choice
5. 1-2 organic green bell pepper
Spices and oil -
1. Organic UN-refined coconut oil
2. Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
3. Turmeric - 1 tablespoon
4. Coriander powder - 1/3 tablespoon
5. Cayenne - pinch or add later if needed
6. Himalayan sea salt - per taste
Top it with -
1. Black pepper - at end
2. Organic ketchup - 1 tablespoon and then mix, taste and adjust
Simple steps -
1. In steel pan, add oil and mustard seeds on LOW. When spluttering is stopped, add onions, tomatoes, green chili and bell pepper and the spices (#3 - #5). Add salt per taste. Cover for approx. 4-5 mins on medium-low.
2. Add vermicelli and cover with water. Cook on medium low and check after 4-5 mins. Vermicelli cooks very fast so keep check and also keep on mixing - since we are using steel. At the end, add black pepper and ketchup. Enjoy!
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 4 small servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2 serving each.
Family of 4 - Each a good serving.
YouTube channel - Want more recipes like this one? Subscribe to The Garden Recipe YouTube channel; click on icon below on yellow footer.
Onion Chutney w/Curry Leaves
Tomato - Basil Soup
Tomato-Ginger Chutney (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Navel Oil Massage Benefits
Neem Benefits for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Take Me To...
1-Pot New Recipes
Cabbage Risotto - Only 5 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Bhindi Masala - Okra Recipe - Only 2 Ingredients!! (NEW Video)
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing My Clay Pots from India to USA
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
Trikatu: Ayurvedic 3 Spice Blend for Health (NEW Article)
Cilantro Rice w/Turmeric
All About Spices in Indian Cooking (NEW Article!)
CCF Tea: An Ayuredic Tea Recipe for Digestion & Detoxification