Indulge in this delicious heart healthy snack or take it as a dessert after a meal. This creamy, sweet & spicy dessert takes less than 5 mins to make.
I am loving this idea - that of having a yogurt with delicious, heart healthy ingredients. I got this idea when I told one of the greatest TGR followers named Pamela (NY) to incorporate some beet root powder in her diet for better health.
She added it to her afternoon yogurt thus giving me a new idea for this recipe and making it into a wonderful sweet treat that everybody would love to have! However, I added a few more ingredients to make it even more robust and potent so it can be truly called a 'heart-healthy' yogurt or snack or dessert...!
In this recipe, we use cinnamon and ginger powder for blood circulation while hawthorn berry is THE herb for the heart so we use it to boost circulation, maintain good cholesterol as well as normal blood pressure.
Ginkgo biloba is an excellent herb that is used for heart and brain health - it boosts blood circulation by opening up the blood vessels and helping the blood become less sticky. Ginkgo biloba is also great at boosting energy.
Beet root powder is THE main star ingredient of this recipe, believe it or not! Beet root powder is extremely crucial for heart health as beets are known to boost nitric oxide levels in the body - thus promoting blood circulation, blood cleansing as well as liver cleansing in the body. It is also a good source of fiber and is known to greatly help digestion as well as reduce inflammation. Beet root powder is also considered anticancer and also helps in lowering the blood pressure as well as reduce the risk of heart disease - so take some beet root powder daily!
Cacao will add that creamy chocolate taste while boosting the antioxidant content of this recipe - cacao is rich in magnesium as well as flavonoids which are known to boost blood circulation, lower blood pressure, prevent blood clots and help improve cholesterol. Plus, who doesn't love the taste of pure chocolate?!
1. Any plant-based strawberry yogurt (I used Higher Harvest coconut yogurt) - About 6-7 oz.
2. Ginger powder - 1/3 Teaspoon
3. Ginkgo biloba powder - 1/3 Teaspoon
4. Hawthorn berry powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
5. Cacao powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
6. Ceylon cinnamon powder - 1/3 to 1/2 Teaspoon
7. Beet root powder - 1/2 to 1 full Teaspoon
Simple Steps -
1. Mix it all and enjoy!
1. There are no exact measurements for this recipe - you can mix any ingredient as much or as little as you like.
2. In the recipe, I actually forgot to add the cacao powder so make sure you add it! It is delicious and rich in magnesium plus antioxidants that are needed for healthy heart function.
3. You can also add a pinch of sea salt if you like.
4. I used one strawberry flavored yogurt (5.3 oz.) and then about 4 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt for this recipe.
5. Never ever have plain yogurt again! You may also blend some other organic fruits like berries, etc. along with the above ingredients!
Heart Healthy Yogurt Dessert or Snack
Pasta with Swiss Chard & Walnuts
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots