Organic basmati rice sautéed in coconut oil & cumin seeds. A perfect one-pot recipe for fluffy, aromatic rice every-time.
One of the greatest rule you can follow to achieve harmonious balance in your body is to add as much nutrients, spices and herbs to your food. Such is a case with rice. Instead of having plain white or brown rice, why not add some healing benefits to it?
Cumin seeds are phenomenal when it comes to their benefits and they are regularly used in Indian/Pakistani cuisine. Here is a list of their benefits -
1. They are tiny but powerhouse in their antibacterial and antiviral properties.
2. Are an amazing digestive, thanks to the compound called thymol. Due to this property, they are also great for skin health.
3. Helps in good respiration, immunity, diabetes and anemia.
4. They are high in iron.
5. And of coarse!, they add aroma and flavor to any recipe.
6. For their healing properties, I add a lot to all my recipes as well as my dogs's homemade food.
1. Organic basmati rice - 2 cups here
2. Cumin seeds - 3 tablespoon
Spices and oil -
1. Organic unrefined coconut oil - 3 tablespoon
2. Organic Himalayan sea salt - pinch
Simple steps -
1. Saute washed rice and cumin seeds on steel pan over medium-low heat along with coconut oil for 4-5 mins or until you can smell the rice aroma. Add 2 1/2 cups of water and bring all to a boil; reduce heat to simmer and cover. Check after 15-20 mins. Close the stove and fluff the rice. Let it sit covered again for sometime before serving.
Eat with lentils or soup. Enjoy! There you go! You have just eaten something excellent for your digestion, not to mention the endless benefits of coconut oil and eating organic! Great job!..:)
Top with -
1. Organic apple cider vinegar 1-2 tablespoon
2. Organic fresh lemon juice
1. Soaked/UN-soaked rice - When using organic rice, sometimes, I don't soak it. If I want to toast rice in recipe, then I add directly as seen in this recipe. BUT, I only do with organic rice (due to its low or zero pesticide content).
So, once in a while, if you don't soak your rice, it is OK. Even those minute dirt/germs you think might be there are good for you - they adapt your body and increase your immunity. So, think on terms of balancing it out - soaking rice 80% of the time and then not soaking your organic rice 20% of the time and you will be fine. No need to freak out over every single little 'health' thing..:) Goodness!!
YouTube channel - Want more recipes like this one? Subscribe to The Garden Recipe YouTube channel; click on icon below on yellow footer.
Have Dogs? Share some with your pooch too! Mix with bit of lentils and let your dog have REAL FOOD.
Quick Beet & Carrot Soup (NEW!)
Quick & Eggy Tofu Scramble
Basil Pesto Pasta w/Walnuts
Some Amazing Articles
[DOGS] Olive Leaf Extract for Dogs
All About Turmeric! (NEW)
Olive Leaf Extract Health Benefits
Some New Recipes
Khichdi (Rice & Lentils Mash)
Peanut Butter Coffee (NEW!)
Cauliflower-Spinach & Potato Curry (NEW!)
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots