Cabbage-Potato Curry w/Greens
Delicious cabbage and potato curry with tofu, swiss chard & onions along with many spices and herbs. Pair it with rice or quinoa & enjoy!
This recipe came out sooo good that I couldn't wait to share! Made with a bunch of greens, it is rich in antioxidants and provides a good dose of magnesium.
Parsley is a diuretic - it helps clean the kidneys and purifies the blood and along with cilantro, it pairs well to flush out toxins in the body. Cilantro is a powerful chelator - it pulls heavy metals out of the body. Cabbage is one of the most medicinal vegetables on this planet and this I say because it is soothing to the digestive system and is light in nature.
Then we add tofu for that extra chunk of flavor and crunch - this recipe is one perfect curry in itself OR you can make it like a pilaf/pulao by adding in some rice to the dish like I ultimately did (keeps things simple and takes up less space in the fridge).
1. Organic yellow onion - 1 large
2. Organic cabbage - 1/2 of large cabbage or per choice
3. Organic extra firm tofu - 1 whole brick (10 oz.)
4. Organic swiss chard - 1 whole bunch
5. Organic cilantro - 1 whole bunch
6. Organic parsley- 1 whole bunch
7. Organic red potatoes - 4 medium, chopped in small pieces
Posto/Poppy Seeds Chutney - 4 Tablespoons
Spices, Seeds & Oils -
1. Organic coconut oil - 4 Tablespoons
2. Organic cumin seeds - 4 Tablespoons
3. Asafoetida (Hing) - Pinch's worth or about 1/6th Tablespoon
4. Paprika or Deegi Mirch - 1 Teaspoon (add less first, adjust later)
5. Fenugreek powder - 1 Teaspoon
6. Black pepper - 2 Teaspoons
7. Organic turmeric - 2 Teaspoons
8. Sea salt - 1.5 Tablespoon
9. Org. cumin powder - 1.5 Teaspoon
10. Coriander powder - 1.5 Teaspoon
11. Garam masala - 2 Teaspoon
12. Soy aminos - 4 Tablespoons
13. Dried oregano - 2 Teaspoon each
14. Thyme - 1 Teaspoon
15. Bay leaves powder - 1 Teaspoon
16. Cloves - 4-5 whole small cloves
Top It With -
1. Nutritional yeast
2. Organic olive oil
3. Fresh lemon juice
Simple steps -
1. On LOW heat, add coconut oil, cumin seeds, asafoetida, fenugreek powder, turmeric and paprika, Mix these for about 3-4 mins on low.
2. Add chopped onions and potatoes. Add sea salt, oregano, thyme, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, bay leaves powder and black pepper along with 1/2 cup water. Mix all this still on LOW heat.
3. Cover the pot for about 5 mins and then add chopped cabbage and tofu. Add some more water like 1/2 cup to prevent spices from burning or sticking to the bottom. Add 3-4 tablespoons of your
Posto Chutney now. Mix everything.
4. Cook this on medium low for about 7 mins till your potatoes and cabbage are soft to your liking. Once done, close the stove off and wait for 10 mins before adding your chopped greens - cilantro, parsley and swiss chard. Cover for another 5 mins.
5. After adding greens, add some fresh lemon juice and mix everything again. Enjoy! Your beautiful curry is ready to be served. You may add some nutritional yeast and organic evoo when serving.
Leave a Reply.
Beet-Tomato Soup w/Cilantro
Quick Red Kidney Beans Curry
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Buddhism: What Is Metta Meditation?
[S&I] What is Tantric Sex?
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots