Cabbage Pulao in Iron Wok
Savor this light yet filling cabbage pulao made with whole spices, green peas, etc. in iron wok - this cabbage pulao is an aromatic treat!
Here I declare my love for cabbage! It is definitely one of my most favorite vegetables and I (and the dogs too!) eat it pretty regularly. It is rich in sulfur - one of the best anti-cancer minerals plus cabbage also helps to improve the digestion. Cabbage also lowers cholesterol so if you have a problem with that issue, here is your new recipe with cabbage!
Cabbage is also an immune booster, anti-inflammatory and is a very versatile vegetable - you can add any flavor to it and it soaks it very well. So, here is a new recipe with lots of flavor - from whole spices to ground ones, this cabbage pulao is an aromatic treat for your whole family!
1. Organic cabbage - half medium cabbage or more (your choice!)
2. Dry red chilies - 4 for spicy, or take 1 for low heat
3. Organic onion - 1 Large
4. Organic green peas - per choice
5. Garlic - 1 whole garlic
6. 1 whole bunch organic cilantro/coriander
7. Organic ginger - 1 to 2 inch (see the video)
8. Green chilies - 2
Spices, Seeds & Oils -
1. Organic mustard oil - 6 Tablespoons
2. Org, turmeric - 1 Teaspoon
3. Org. cumin seeds powder - 1 Teaspoon
4. Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
5. Garam masala - 1 Teaspoon
6. Black pepper (not in video) - 1.5 Teaspoon
7. Tamarind paste - 1 full tablespoon
8. Whole black cardamom - 3
9. Whole cloves - 4
10. Himalayan sea salt - 2 Teaspoons
Top It With -
1. Organic fresh lemon juice
Simple steps -
Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe and exact measurements.
How To Pair?
You can use this recipe with one of my chutney recipes - takes the 'yum' factor to a whole new level.
For Those With Sugar Issues - Pair it with quinoa instead of rice.
Looks great. thanks for posting.
Thank you so much Charlie! Definitely give it a try and I hope you will like it. Make this recipe in iron wok - that is the secret to this recipe's taste..:) You and I both know how heathy iron wok cooking is plus the taste comes out amazing! ..:)
Leave a Reply.
Beet-Tomato Soup w/Cilantro
Quick Red Kidney Beans Curry
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Buddhism: What Is Metta Meditation?
[S&I] What is Tantric Sex?
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots