Enjoy some cabbage risotto made with green peas, onions & garlic, sauteed to perfection in a blend of aromatic spice mix. One-pot!
I love cabbage and it is one super vegetable that is very healing to the tummy. This recipe can be made either as cabbage pulao or cabbage risotto. If you keep adding little bit of water frequently and let the rice boil till it completely softens, then this recipe is a perfect example of what we would call a spicy cabbage risotto!
Also, I made a good amount but if you need to make less, then just take out an onion and reduce the rice quantity.
1. Organic medium cabbage - 1
2. Organic green peas
3. Organic yellow onions - 4 to 5 small
4. Garlic- 1 garlic
5. Organic Basmati rice (or any of your choice) - 6 oz
Spices and oils -
1. Organic mustard oil
2. Organic Turmeric - 1 heaping tablespoon
3. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste
4. Organic Red Chili Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon first if you don't know or not spice lover - adjust later.
5. Cumin Powder - 1 Teaspoon
6. Coriander - 1 Teaspoon
7. Garam masala - 1.5 Teaspoon
8. Organic Cumin seeds - 3 whole tablespoons!!
9. Asafoetida - Pinch's worth
10.Bombay Biryani Powder - 1 Tablespoon
11. Dried Fenugreek Leaves - 1 Tablespoon
NOTE: If you don't have garam masala spice, just omit.
Top It With -
1. Organic Cilantro - 1 whole bunch
2. Fresh lemon juice
3. Organic Apple Cider Vinegar - 4 Tablespoons
Simple steps -
Watch the video for step-by-step recipe.
For those with SUGAR issues:-
If you have sugar issues, you can still enjoy this recipe with 4 very simple, easy options!
1. REDUCE the quantity of rice and add some quinoa. So, you can do, say, 30% rice to 70% quinoa.
2. OR, you can eliminate rice completely - make the recipe as is, and mix in quinoa instead of rice.
3. And remember, to add some Ceylon cinnamon to your food when cooking AND when ready to eat.
4. Add some bay leaves powder for even more powerful blood sugar balance! Happy Cooking!
Compost - Plz. compost (your FREE organic fertilizer) OR if you live in apartments/condos, then just throw the ends between tall grass or bushes. Earth will be SO happy and will thank you for the extra nutrients. Plus, let's stop using plastic bags for such ridiculous reasons!
NOTE: By clicking on the links, you help support The Garden Recipe as I may get a small commission out of the purchase. Thanks!
Avocado Soup w/Cilantro & Mint
Thai Red Curry in Coconut Milk
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
When God Showed Up: A Defining Moment in My Life
Men's Health - Supporting & Healing The Divine Masculine
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots