Tasty cauliflower cooked w/spices, onions, tomatoes, dried fenugreek topped with hint of ketchup & apple cider vinegar. One-pot.
Love, love, love cauliflower. This is one vegetable that is always in my home. Why? Because besides me, my dogs love it and I regularly make it for them. Even this spicy dish, I add a little bit to their rice mix or plain rice for them so they can enjoy the health benefits of spices as well as fresh-off-the-stove food. What can be better than that?
Well, let's see what this recipe can do for you.
Here is what is so great about this recipe -
1. Contain cruciferous vegetable - cauliflower.
2. Cauliflower 1 serving = 77% daily value of Vit C.
3. Is anti-inflammatory, thus anti-cancer - just like garlic, turmeric, onions, tomatoes...all the goodies in this recipe.
4. Digestion & detoxification - cauliflower, cayenne, turmeric, cumin seeds, garlic and onions - whoa!
5. Add to it all - the great master of all - organic, UN-refined apple cider vinegar. Perfect taste and you got it in your recipe! 2-in-1 !!
6. A one-pot dish!
7. Best of all, we are going to bring back mustard oil - for its health benefits AND the taste! And we are still going to use coconut oil as well.
8. Last but not least, remember we are going back to basics - so NO non-stick pans for you! Only steel or iron.
So let's get started.
1. 3 organic medium onions
2. 3 organic medium tomatoes
3. 1 whole garlic - yes! as much as possible
4. 1 whole organic cauliflower
Spices and oils -
1. Organic mustard oil - 4 tablespoon
2. Organic, UN-refined coconut oil - 4 tablespoon (NOTE - I & my dogs - we eat lot of healthy fats - so you can adjust if you want but this is how my recipes are cooked. Good amount of healthy nourishing fats!..:)
3. Cayenne - 1/3 teaspoon - try less first. I eat spicy so my photo shows more. I used 1 whole teaspoon.
4. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste or I used 1 1/2 teaspoon approx. Use less first n then adjust.
5. Organic turmeric - LOTS of it so 3 tablespoonful!
6. Garam masala, cumin seed powder, coriander powder - 1 teaspoon each (can add bit later if you want, taste first while cooking)
7. Cumin seeds - LOT - 3 tablespoons
Top with -
1. Organic ketchup - 1 Tablespoon
2. Organic apple cider vinegar - 2 Tablespoon
3. Organic coconut-plant based butter. (Yes!! We are caring not just about ourselves, but also the planet and the sacred animals!! Whoa! And the taste...well you will know soon. Not to mention it is excellent for weight..:) I use Melt organic butter - my absolute fav.!!)
4. Dried fenugreek - 1 Tablespoon (see pic below)
5. Fresh squeezed lemon juice -1/2 or 1 whole. Mix first, taste and adjust.
Simple steps -
1. In steel pan, put chopped onions first, garlic, ginger, then cumin seeds and add both your oils. Now, start the stove on medium and sauté for good 5-7 mins. Add tomatoes and sauté till bit soft - 7 mins approx.
2. Add spices and lower heat to medium low. Mix. Add cauliflower now and add 1/2 (or less) cup water. See in pics.
3. Mix all and cover and leave on medium-low for approx. total of 15 mins. Do keep watch and check in between to see if anything is burning. In between, open the cover and mix all once again and cover back. After good 10 to 15 mins, open and see if cauliflower is soft. If so, then close off the stove.
4. Add the ketchup, dried fenugreek and butter. Mix. Leave it UN-covered.
5. WAIT for 20 minutes - till the dish has cooled down and THEN add organic apple cider vinegar & lemon juice. Yes, this is the way healthy food is made - with some effort and love.
Enjoy with gluten free tortilla or rice or even fresh bread! Yummy.
For my dogs too! -
See the photo below how I feed my dogs..:) And of coarse, they love it - bowl empty in 2 mins! LOL. After all who can beat the taste of fresh, home cooked meal, right off the stove as opposed to that 'thing' called 'dog food' from the plastic bag! Yuck!..:( So, do enjoy with your dogs too...:)
Sweet Potato Salad w/Kale
Tomato Rice with Green Onions
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
When God Showed Up: A Defining Moment in My Life
Men's Health - Supporting & Healing The Divine Masculine
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots