Enjoy cauliflower pulao made in iron wok for health benefits & the taste! Made with fried onions & bunch of Indian spices, this pulao is a keeper.
I bought my iron wok all the way from India and have recently started enjoying cooking in it. The health benefits of iron wok are many - with even heat distribution to the food, to the most important of iron rich meals.
In the video, I also share how I season it and how I don't wash my iron wok all the time and the reason behind this reasoning. Listen to it as it will help you take better care of your iron utensils.
Also, make sure to listen to the part where I share why I don't wash my organic produce - the reason is in the video.
So, what benefits do you get when you try this recipe?
Cauliflower - A great vegetable rich in sulfur (sulforaphane).
Cumin Seeds - Digestives as well as nutrient dense - did you know cumin seeds are very rich in iron?
Cilantro - Cancer fighting herb + blood cleanser + flushes heavy metals out of the body (that is why it is called a chelator).
Ginger - An excellent digestive, plus powerfully anti-inflammatory and helps with aches and pains. It also lowers cancer risk and supports good heart health.
Garlic - Cancer fighter + digestive + anti-inflammatory + anti-bacterial + anti-viral - well, it is good for everything!
Turmeric - Cancer fighting spice + anti-inflammatory spice. It also adds beautiful yellow color to recipes.
Other spices & mustard oil - Cancer fighting spices + blood cleansing + mustard oil is great for circulation!
1. Organic cauliflower - cut into florets, take whole or half cauliflower (your choice!)
2. Dry red chilies - 4 for spicy, or take 2 for medium heat
3. Organic onion - 1 Large
5. Garlic (1 or 2 whole garlic)
6. 1 whole bunch organic cilantro/coriander
7. Organic ginger - 1 to 2 inch (see my pic below)
8. Green chilies - 2
Spices, Seeds & Oils -
1. Organic mustard oil - 6 Tablespoons
2. Asafoetida (Hing) - Pinch (see video)
3. Cumin seeds - 3 Big Tablespoons
4. Org, turmeric - 1 Tablespoon
5. Org. cumin seeds powder - 1 Tablespoon
6. Coriander powder 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon
7. Curry powder - 1 Tablespoon
8. Garam masala - 1 Tablespoon
9. Black pepper - 1 to 1.5 Tablespoon
Top It With -
1. Organic fresh lemon juice
Simple steps -
Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe and exact measurements.
How To Pair?
You can use this recipe with one of my chutney recipes - takes the 'yum' factor to a whole new level.
For Those With Sugar Issues - Pair it with quinoa instead of rice.
Cilantro Rice w/Turmeric
Raw Onion Chutney w/Tamarind
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Wrong Food Combinations per Ayurveda (NEW!)
Seed Cycling for Hormone Balance
Benefits of Oil Pulling Remedy
Some Quick Recipes
Tomato Rice w/Green Onions
Peanut Butter Coffee
Avocado Soup w/Cilantro
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots