Rice w/cilantro, cauliflower & potatoes, cooked in a rich blend of savory seeds. This is one dish that is tasty but also very nourishing.
Cilantro rice or dhaniya rice, as called in Hindi, is one of the tastiest and healthy dish that's cooked a lot in North India. Cilantro/coriander is super healthy because it is a chelator - it pulls heavy metals out of your body and flushes them out. This is why most of my recipes incorporate heavy use of cilantro or dhaniya. And another point to add is that I just don't use it to sprinkle over the food - no, you need more than that with each bite; with modern day pollution and toxins in our body, we need to give our body more support than ever. Therefore, start adding more cilantro/coriander to your recipes - whole bunches of them!
1. 2 large organic onions
2. Green chilies - per choice
3. 1 organic cilantro
4. 2-3 organic tomatoes
5. 2 garlic and ginger (see video)
6. 1 organic cauliflower
7. 1-2 organic russet potato (your choice - depending on the size)
1. Organic basmati or jasmine rice + 3-4 bay leaves.
Spices & oils -
1. Organic, coconut oil - 4 full tablespoonfuls!! Don't skip.
2. Organic Sea salt - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later.
3. Cayenne - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later. So, if you don't know, start with 1/4 teaspoon.
4. Cumin seeds - 2 Tablespoon
5. Mustard seeds - 1 Teaspoon
6. Cumin & coriander - See video
7. Turmeric - 1 Tablespoon
8. Garam masala - optional, 1 Teaspoon at end.
9. Dry fenugreek leaves (methi)
10. Organic ketchup - 1 Tablespoon (or per taste)
Top with -
1. Organic cilantro
2. Fresh lemon juice
Simple steps -
1. Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe.
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 4-5 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2 serving each
For those with SUGAR issues:-
If you have sugar issues, you can still enjoy this recipe with 4 very simple, easy options!
1. REDUCE the quantity of rice and add some quinoa. So, you can do, say, 30% rice to 70% quinoa.
2. OR, you can eliminate rice completely - make the recipe as is, and mix in quinoa instead of rice.
3. And remember, to add some Ceylon cinnamon to your food when cooking AND when ready to eat.
4. Add some bay leaves powder for even more powerful blood sugar balance!
Compost - Plz. start composting. Imagine if all of us stopped using plastic bags for such stupid reasons? How Earth will change overnight? If you don't have compost bin in your home, you can make one.
Have Dogs? - See in video how I always take out bit of the ingredients I am cooking with for my dogs. This makes my life so much easier and also ensures that my dogs are getting variety of nutrients via tasty vegetables each and every time. So, in this recipe, I took out bit of potato, cauliflower (ends and green part - nothing wasted), cilantro and garlic for them.
Cilantro Rice w/Turmeric
Raw Onion Chutney w/Tamarind
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Fenugreek: A Divine Spice (NEW!)
Spirituality - The Tree & His Dreams
Benefits of Oil Pulling Remedy
Some Quick Recipes
Cruciferous Veggie Pulao (NEW!)
Beet & Carrot Veggie Juice (NEW!)
Avocado Soup w/Cilantro
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots