Enjoy this fragrant rice with green peas, tofu, fenugreek, & crispy onions. Mouthwatering & healthy w/powerful anti-cancer ingredients.
If you wanted to get on fenugreek bandwagon, then this recipe is perfect for YOU! Yes! It is easy, simple and quick - making it perfect for a weekday or well, just about any time when you are in the lazy mood but want to eat something very healthy and tasty.
I have talked a LOT about the amazing health benefits of fenugreek in THIS ARTICLE.
You can check it out later but just know that if there is one spice you must add to your health regimen, then it is fenugreek. Far superior (and I REALLY mean...FAR...as in, F-A-R) than turmeric, this one spice alone can help balance your hormones, prevent cancer, balance your blood sugar, thicken your hair and beautify your skin, plus much more! Like I said, do take the time to read the article later - for any ques. or comments related to the article, please post there only - NOT on this recipe page.
OK. So, here is the recipe -
1. Organic yellow or red onions - 2 medium or large
2. Organic green peas - As much as you want or about 1 full cup
3. Organic basmati rice - About 10 oz.
4. Organic firm tofu - 1 whole brick
Spices, Seeds & Oils -
1. Organic coconut oil - 3 Tablespoons
2. Organic mustard oil - 3 Tablespoons
3. Fenugreek seeds powder - 1 Teaspoon
4. Turmeric - 1 Teaspoon
5. Black pepper - 2 Tablespoon
6. Paprika or Cayenne - Per taste or 1 Teaspoon
7. Dried oregano - 1 Teaspoon
8. Thyme - 1 Teaspoon
9. Garam masala - 1 Teaspoon
10. Organic cumin seeds - 4 Tablespoon
11. Whole mace - 1 whole
12. Whole black cardamom - 3 whole
13. Biryani masala - 2 Teaspoons
14. Indian black salt (kala namak) - 1 Teaspoon
15. Himalayan sea salt - 1 Teaspoon (adjust accordingly to your taste)
Simple steps -
1. Watch the video for the full recipe steps.
For those with SUGAR issues:-
If you have sugar issues, you can still enjoy this recipe with 2 very simple, easy options!
1. REDUCE the quantity of rice and add some quinoa. So, you can do, say, 30% rice to 70% quinoa.
2. OR, you can eliminate rice completely - make the recipe as is, and mix in quinoa instead of rice.
3. And remember, to add some Ceylon cinnamon as well as bay leaves powder, to your food when cooking AND when ready to eat. The fenugreek in this recipe is a great blood sugar balancing spice!
Check out the recipe, subscribe to the channel, and do feel free to leave me some comments for any questions or feedback! Happy Cooking!
Beet-Tomato Soup w/Cilantro
Quick Red Kidney Beans Curry
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Castor Oil Health Benefits
[S&I] What is Tantric Sex?
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots