Spicy one-pot vermicelli with mustard seeds, onions, green chili, tomatoes, bell pepper along with simple spice mix & ketchup.
Oh I love this recipe! It is spicy so beware. And of coarse, if you are not interested in making it too spicy, just cut on the spices and green chili. But do try this one as it is loaded with super powerhouse of nutrients - mustard seeds, onions, turmeric, just to name a few...
1. Any gluten-free vermicelli
2. 1 large organic red onion
3. 2-3 organic tomatoes
4. Green chili - per choice
5. 1-2 organic green bell pepper
Spices and oil -
1. Organic UN-refined coconut oil
2. Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
3. Turmeric - 1 tablespoon
4. Coriander powder - 1/3 tablespoon
5. Cayenne - pinch or add later if needed
6. Himalayan sea salt - per taste
Top it with -
1. Black pepper - at end
2. Organic ketchup - 1 tablespoon and then mix, taste and adjust
Simple steps -
1. In steel pan, add oil and mustard seeds on LOW. When spluttering is stopped, add onions, tomatoes, green chili and bell pepper and the spices (#3 - #5). Add salt per taste. Cover for approx. 4-5 mins on medium-low.
2. Add vermicelli and cover with water. Cook on medium low and check after 4-5 mins. Vermicelli cooks very fast so keep check and also keep on mixing - since we are using steel. At the end, add black pepper and ketchup. Enjoy!
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 4 small servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2 serving each.
Family of 4 - Each a good serving.
YouTube channel - Want more recipes like this one? Subscribe to The Garden Recipe YouTube channel; click on icon below on yellow footer.
Cauliflower Pulao in Iron Wok
Spinach-Potato (Aalo-Palak Recipe)
Sweet Potato Salad w/Kale
Some Amazing Articles
[DOGS] Olive Leaf Extract for Dogs
12 Best Foods for Immunity
Castor Oil Health Benefits
Some New Recipes
Silky Chocolate Mousse (NEW!)
Flattened Rice w/Curry Leaves
Cauliflower-Spinach & Potato Curry (NEW!)
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)