Crispy potatoes made w/garlic, green chilies, etc similar to crunchy, aromatic flair found in street side chat aalo or jeera aalo. One-pot!
Jeera Aalo really means cumin seeds potatoes (jeera = cumin seeds and aalo means potatoes in Hindi) so besides cumin seeds, we add bunch of spices to bring that zesty, spicy flavor in this recipe. Crispy and light enough to be had as a snack or even as a bread snack toast (see pic below or in the video), these are definitely going to become one of your favorite - just the same way this dish is a very loved, favorite recipe of North Indians in India and elsewhere.
In my recipe, I went a step further by adding organic amla powder - it not only added more 'zing' to this recipe but truly made it one powerful recipe in terms of cancer prevention and healing. Then, I added Indian Black Salt, a.k.a kala namak, which, due to its high sulfur content, is a great anti-inflammatory food. Plus, the taste and the aroma it gives after cooking to a dish is second to none.
Alright, what's the wait then?! Let's start...
1. 3 large/medium organic russet potatoes
2. Garlic - 1 whole
3. Green chilies - 2 to 3
4. Organic cilantro/dhaniya - 1 fresh bunch
Spices & oils -
1. Organic, UN-refined coconut oil & mustard oil
2. Organic Indian Black Salt - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later.
3. Cayenne - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later. So, if you don't know, start with 1/4 teaspoon.
4. Black pepper
5. Organic amla powder - 1/2 scoop
6. Chat masala
7. Organic Cumin seeds
8. Organic turmeric
10. Bay leaves powder (Tej patta powder)
11. Coriander powder
12. Cumin powder
Simple steps -
Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe.
Pair this with -
1. Gluten-Free bread (I used Schar gluten-free white bread which is my absolute favorite!!). You can also pair them with some quinoa or rice and lentils. Yummy! Enjoy!
Cilantro Rice w/Turmeric
Raw Onion Chutney w/Tamarind
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Wrong Food Combinations per Ayurveda (NEW!)
Seed Cycling for Hormone Balance
Benefits of Oil Pulling Remedy
Some Quick Recipes
Tomato Rice w/Green Onions
Peanut Butter Coffee
Avocado Soup w/Cilantro
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots