Red Kidney Beans pulao recipe in Dutch oven. Whole spices make this into one fragrant rice dish! Give it a try & you won't regret it!
I love red kidney beans and wanted to try making this pulao in my new Dutch oven. I have to say, all went very well and the dish came out amazing! It is colorful, aromatic, spicy and just perfectly filling - without the overload feeling.
When you make this recipe, do remember to add cilantro and mint at the end - I forgot to mention it in the video when I am adding cilantro that the next item I added was the fresh mint. This recipe might take little bit of your time but I assure you, its so worth it!
Ingredients (Produce Items) - Servings 5 to 6
1. Organic Red Kidney Beans - About 8 oz or per choice
2. Water - soak the beans overnight
3. Organic tomatoes - 4
4. Garlic (1 or 2 whole garlic -the more, the better!)
5. Green chilies - 2 to 4
6. 1 whole bunch organic cilantro/coriander
7. Fresh Mint
8. Organic yellow onions - 2 large
9. Lemon - 1 whole.
10. Ginger - About 1 to 2 in
11. Curry leaves - 6 to 10
12. Green Bell Pepper - 1
13. Red Bell Pepper -1
14. Organic jasmine or basmati rice - About 8 oz.
Spices & Oils -
1. Organic, Unrefined coconut oil
2. Organic Mustard oil
3. Cumin seeds - 3 Tablespoons
4. Black seeds - 1 Full Tablespoon
5. Black Cardamom - 2 whole
6. Cloves - 3 to 4 whole
7. Turmeric - 1 Tablespoon
8. Bay leaves powder - 1 Tablespoon
9. Red Paprika - 1 Tablespoon or less, adjust later
10. Garam masala - 1 Tablespoon
11. Chat masala - 1.5 Teaspoon
12. Himalayan sea salt
13. Rajma masala (optional) - 1 Tablespoon
14. Cumin powder - 1 Teaspoon's worth
15. Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon's worth (I forgot to mention it at 6:13)
Simple steps -
Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe and exact measurements.
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 4 to 5 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - 2 serving each.
Family of 4 - Each a good full plate.
All in all, a beautiful, great, tasty rice dish to make anytime or serve guests!
For those with SUGAR issues:-
If you have sugar issues, you can still enjoy this recipe with 4 very simple, easy options!
1. REDUCE the quantity of rice and add some quinoa. So, you can do, say, 30% rice to 70% quinoa.
2. OR, you can eliminate rice completely - make the recipe as is, and mix in quinoa instead of rice.
3. And remember, to add some Ceylon cinnamon to your food when cooking AND when ready to eat.
4. Add some bay leaves powder for even more powerful blood sugar balance! Happy Cooking!
Quick Beet & Carrot Soup (NEW!)
Quick & Eggy Tofu Scramble
Basil Pesto Pasta w/Walnuts
Some Amazing Articles
Nasya Oil: Ayurvedic Nasal Remedy
All About Turmeric! (NEW)
Activated Charcoal Health Benefits
Some New Recipes
Posto Chutney (NEW!)
Peanut Butter Coffee (NEW!)
Cauliflower-Spinach & Potato Curry
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots