Delicious meaty mushrooms, paired with cripsy onions & sauteed in spices in this pilaf are to die for! Pair it with soup or as an entree.
We all know the divine benefits of mushrooms - from being anti-cancer to anti-inflammatory, mushrooms are rich in selenium, beta glucan (soluble dietary fiber great for heart, sugar & cholesterol), copper, potassium, B-vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, phosphorous, and of course, mushrooms are super rich in vitamin D - something we all can load up on a lot more!
As you already know by now, if you have been following my recipes, onions are an excellent source of my favorite mineral - sulfur! Sulfur is THE most powerful anti-cancer mineral out there - that is why it is said, "eat your cruciferous vegetables!" Yup. It is because of sulfur that onions and such veggies are touted for their anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory benefits.
So, now you know, let's start the recipe! Here's what you will need...
1. Organic yellow or red onions - 2 medium or large
2. Organic mushrooms (16 oz.) - As much as you want!
3. Organic basmati rice - About 10 oz.
Spices, Seeds & Oils -
1. Organic coconut oil - 3 Tablespoons
2. Fenugreek seeds powder - 1.5 Teaspoon
3. Turmeric - 1/2 Teaspoon
4. Black pepper - 1 Tablespoon
5. Paprika or Cayenne - Per taste or 1/2 Teaspoon (adjust later but add less first)
6. Dried oregano - 1 Teaspoon
7. Thyme - 1/2 Teaspoon
8. Dried basil - 1 Teaspoon
9. Liquid aminos - 2 Teaspoons (at the end)
10. Thai red curry paste (Optional) - 1 Teaspoon
11. Dried red chilies - 2 small ones or 1 (if wanting mild taste)
12. Himalayan sea salt - 1 Teaspoon (adjust accordingly to your taste)
Simple steps -
1. Watch the video for the full recipe steps.
For those with SUGAR issues:-
If you have sugar issues, you can still enjoy this recipe with 2 very simple, easy options!
1. REDUCE the quantity of rice and add some quinoa. So, you can do, say, 30% rice to 70% quinoa.
2. OR, you can eliminate rice completely - make the recipe as is, and mix in quinoa instead of rice.
3. And remember, to add some Ceylon cinnamon as well as bay leaves powder, to your food when cooking AND when ready to eat. The fenugreek in this recipe is a great blood sugar balancing spice!
Check out the recipe, subscribe to the channel, and do feel free to leave me some comments for any questions or feedback! Happy Cooking!
Herbed Garlic Potatoes
Cilantro Chutney w/Mint
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Ashwagandha Benefits (NEW!)
What is Tantra? (NEW!)
Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots