Onion Pulao with Tamarind
Super tasty, easy onion rice pulao made with aromatic spices, tamarind, garlic & more! Give this onion pulao a try and you will surely enjoy it. A one-pot dish!
1. Organic onions - 1 medium or large red and 1 medium or large yellow
2. Dry red chilies - 2 for spicy, or take 1 for low heat
5. Garlic - 1 or 2 whole garlic
6. 1 whole bunch organic cilantro/coriander
Spices, Seeds & Oils -
1. Organic mustard oil - 4 to 6 Tablespoons
2. Organic UNrefined coconut oil - 3 Tablespoons
3. Organic Cumin seeds - 4 Tablespoons
4. Organic Mustard seeds - 1 Teaspoon or 1/2 Tablespoon
5. Dry red chilies - 1 to 3
6. Org, turmeric - 1 Teaspoon
7. Bay leaves powder - 1 Teaspoon
8. Ginger powder - 1 Teaspoon
9. Biryani masala - 2 Teaspoon
10. Curry masala - 1 Teaspoon
11. Org. cumin seeds powder - 1 Teaspoon
12. Paprika - 1/2 Teaspoon or omit (see video)
13. Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
14. Garam masala - 1 Teaspoon
15. Black pepper - 1 Teaspoon
16. Tamarind paste - 2 to 3 Tablespoons
17. Whole black cardamom - 2
18. Himalayan sea salt - 1 Teaspoon (adjust later if needed)
Top It With -
1. Organic fresh lemon juice
2. Organic fresh chopped cilantro
Simple steps -
Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe and exact measurements.
How To Pair?
You can use this recipe with one of my chutney recipes - takes the 'yum' factor to a whole new level.
For Those With Sugar Issues - Pair it with quinoa instead of rice.
Leave a Reply.
Beet-Tomato Soup w/Cilantro
Quick Red Kidney Beans Curry
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Buddhism: What Is Metta Meditation?
[S&I] What is Tantric Sex?
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots