Aromatic onion rice that you can eat as-is or pair with beans or lentils. Topped w/cilantro & cooked with spices, this is one easy & tasty rice!
One of the rules I tell people to follow each time they have to make rice is to add some spices, seeds and vegetables to it. What can make this even better? Add some anti-cancer herbs that will not only add the greens but enhance the taste as well.
Here comes my onion rice recipe - it is made with red onions, sauteed with garlic, green chili and bunch of cumin seeds. For flavor and to increase its benefits, we then add some spices like turmeric and cayenne. Yummy! As if this all is not enough, we then add a whole bunch of organic fresh cilantro! And there you have one of the tastiest, easy, quick yet powerful anti-cancer recipe.
Onions, garlic, turmeric, cayenne, green chilies AND cilantro are all known as powerful cancer fighters.
When you eat food, what else is needed? A digestive! You want that the food you are eating is getting digested well by your body and is reaping you the benefits its meant to. So, in recipes, add on some cumin seeds; not only will they add some flavor but will also enhance the digestive power of your gut. And one more thing - don't add only a teeny-tiny bit; no, you need to add 1-2 good large spoonful so that in every bite, in every portion, you are getting a good amount into your body.
1. 1- 2 whole garlic (yes! load up on sulfur!)
2. Organic rice - 10 oz (I used jasmine here, boiled)
3. Organic cilantro - 1 whole bunch, chopped rough or fine, your choice
4. 1 Organic large red onion
5. 1 organic large tomato or 2-3 small tomatoes
6. 2 green chili
Spices and Oils -
1. Organic turmeric - 1 whole teaspoon - don't skip it!!..:)
2. Organic, UN-refined coconut oil - 4 tablespoons
3. Cayenne - per taste
4. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste or add 1/2 teaspoon first. Then at the end, mix, taste & adjust if needed.
5. Cumin seeds - 2 whole tablespoon
Top with -
1. Organic apple cider vinegar 1-2 tablespoon (see pics/video)
2. Organic fresh lemon juice - per choice
3. Organic chopped cilantro
Simple Steps -
See video or pics below.
For those with SUGAR issues:-
If you have sugar issues, you can still enjoy this recipe with 2 very simple, easy options!
1. REDUCE the quantity of rice and add some quinoa. So, you can do, say, 30% rice to 70% quinoa.
2. OR, you can eliminate rice completely - make the recipe as is, and mix in quinoa instead of rice.
And remember, to add some Ceylon cinnamon to your food when cooking AND when ready to eat.
Compost - Plz. compost (your FREE organic fertilizer) OR if you live in apartments/condos, then just plz. throw the ends between tall grass or bushes. Earth will be SO happy and will thank you for the extra nutrients. Plus, let's stop using plastic bags for such ridiculous reasons!
Cauliflower Pulao in Iron Wok
Spinach-Potato (Aalo-Palak Recipe)
Sweet Potato Salad w/Kale
Some Amazing Articles
[DOGS] Olive Leaf Extract for Dogs
12 Best Foods for Immunity
Castor Oil Health Benefits
Some New Recipes
Silky Chocolate Mousse (NEW!)
Flattened Rice w/Curry Leaves
Cauliflower-Spinach & Potato Curry (NEW!)
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)