Pasta w/Swiss Chard & Walnuts
Dive into this vegan, healthy pasta that is made with swiss chard, mushrooms, & hell lot of garlic, this pasta is for garlic lovers!
Dive into this vegan, healthy pasta dish that is based on whole food plant based recipes! Check out the recipe video and you will absolutely love this pasta! Made with swiss chard, mushrooms, onions, and hell lot of garlic, this pasta is for garlic lovers! On top of that, we add some walnuts and nutritional yeast - it doesn't get any better than that! Try it and you will be in love!
Now, I have made this recipe many times and I like keeping the lightly roasted walnuts in the dish - as it cooks. They soak in more flavor and in turn, the recipe gets the benefit of subtle walnut oil and aroma. Win-Win.
1. Make sure that in the beginning, you keep on LOW to avoid burning the walnuts.
2. You also let your garlic sauté very well until it becomes brown - otherwise, you will later complain that you added too much garlic and it's not cooked!
3. Parsley is optional in this recipe. If you don't like the taste of raw parsley, then don't add it. But I feel parsley truly enhances the dish!
4. Taste your mushrooms when cooking to make sure they are done before you add swiss chard and close the stove.
5. Always add less spices and salt in the beginning - you can always adjust later. See my tips in the video.
1. Organic onions - 2 medium
2. Organic swiss chard - 1 whole bunch
3. Walnuts - 4 oz, finely chopped and some powdered
4. Organic tomatoes - 2
5. Garlic - 2 whole
6. Mushrooms - 1 whole box (8 oz box)
Spices & oils -
1. Organic, UN-refined coconut oil - 6 Tablespoons!! Don't skip.
2. Organic Sea salt - 1 Teaspoon. Add less first, you can always adjust later.
3. Smoked Paprika - 1/2 Teaspoon. Add less first, you can always adjust later. So, if you don't know, start with 1/2 teaspoon.
4. Black Pepper - 1 Teaspoon
5. Dried Oregano - 1/2 Teaspoon
6. Dried Basil - 1 Teaspoon
7. Thyme - 1/2 Teaspoon
1. Any gluten-free pasta or spaghetti
Top with -
1. Nutritional yeast - 1 to 2 tablespoon
2. Organic parsley (optional) - chopped fine
Simple steps -
Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe.
For Those With SUGAR Issues:
1. Enjoy it with chickpea or lentils pasta or even quinoa pasta! It won't raise your sugar and you can enjoy this delicious, super healthy dish.
2. Another thing is, add less pasta and more of this veggie mix. See my tips in the video.
Compost - Plz. start composting. Imagine if all of us stopped using plastic bags for such stupid reasons? How Earth will change overnight? If you don't have compost bin in your home, you can make one.
This was delicious, simply delicious.
Thank you Ms.Nona for the feedback and esp. for taking the time to write the comment. Only if more people were like you!..:)
I re-heated the leftovers again (using fresh Swiss Chard, of course) and on the second day it's still WONDERFUL.
Oh wow! I love that you have enough to enjoy for few days! I love the way this recipe smells. BTW, I have got to tell you all about my wonderful adventure today - as soon as I get time...:) Thanks for your comment! Enjoy the pasta and after this one is finished, do try my Cashew Cream Pasta or Sweet Potato w/Sage Pasta. Think you will like both of them.:) -Somyata.
I made this recipe on Sunday.
Such a sweet feedback! Like I said, only if more people were like you...not just taking, taking and taking...but caring to give feedback at least once in a while..:)
Leave a Reply.
Alonti's Pesto Pasta
Cilantro Chutney with Mint
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
When God Showed Up: A Defining Moment in My Life
Men's Health - Supporting & Healing The Divine Masculine
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots