Delight in this delicious, nutty tomato and cashew sauce pasta with colorful veggies. One-pot recipe w/step-by-step pics & video.
Ah! One word - CREAMY & you are done! This one word is enough to excite the pickiest of eaters and ....of course, the foodies in your family. It's a win-win that serves all..:) BUT the issue with 'creamy' is pretty heavy, because, until now, it has always meant cruelty filled dairy, served with added fat-causing hormones and antibiotic rich toxic waste! Aye! LET IT GO!
Now that you are a part of The Garden Recipe community, rest assured that you will be taken care of..and in all the right ways. What do I mean? If we are to have something that tastes good, rich, luxurious...and creamy, then why not have something that is also great for mind-body-soul?
This recipe is SO great (yes, thank you!) that it is 100% anti-inflammatory. Filled with colorful nutrients and cancer fighting onions, garlic, mushrooms, parsley along with heart & brain healthy cashews, trust me - feel no guilt when savoring this dish! And again, we are moving along with cooking our recipes in organic unrefined coconut oil - for great joint health and glowing skin and hair.
Another reason why I love this recipe is because we are seeing so much childhood obesity, cancer, allergies, and other abnormalities like skin issues (eczema, psoriasis, etc), hair loss, weak nails...all of which shouldn't be at such a young age! So, I love that if you have kids, you can make this recipe and it is going to feed them good amount of healthy fats - cashews! Whatever you start feeding children, is what their palette adjusts to - so start early. Start now - don't wait. Let their taste buds get some nutty flavors like cashew sauce and you can bet they are going to crave this recipe again and again!
So, let's start.
1. 1 whole pack organic portabella mushrooms (or any of your choice)
2. 1 whole bunch fresh organic swiss chard or spinach
3. 1 organic red bell pepper
4. 1 organic tomato
5. 2 organic zucchini
6. 1 large organic yellow onion
Spices & oils -
1. Organic, UN-refined coconut oil - 4 full tablespoonfuls!! Don't skip.
2. Organic Sea salt - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later.
3. Cayenne - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later. So, if you don't know, start with 1/4 teaspoon.
4. Black pepper.
5. Thyme - pinch to add. Then adjust. Start with 1/3 teaspoon.
6. Dried or fresh basil and bit of fresh parsley (see pics)
Cashew Sauce -
1. Approx. 6 oz cashews - soak them overnight. VERY imp. as this will release the phytates that interfere w/nutrients.
2. 1 WHOLE GARLIC!! Yes! More the better.
3. 1 organic onion - medium
4. 3 organic tomatoes
1. Any GLUTEN-FREE pasta of your choice. NON-GMO. Organic plz!
Top with -
1. Organic olive oil
2. Organic apple cider vinegar
3. Lemon juice
1. Can add any more veggies you like and also can top with basil, oregano or any herb of your choice.
Simple steps -
Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe.
To reduce the quantity, all you have to do is reduce the pasta & pesto quantity accordingly. I would suggest keeping the veggies same quantity. So, for pesto, reduce the cashews to half.
To increase (if making for guests,etc) - Add more pasta and add on more veggies/onions of your choice. Simple!
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 4-5 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2 serving each.
Family of 4 or guests - Will serve brunch/lunch/dinner.
Compost - Plz. start composting. Imagine if all of us stopped using plastic bags for such stupid reasons? How Earth will change overnight? If you don't have compost bin in your home, you can make one.
OR if you like, you can just take these and throw under the plants or trees or shrubs. The Nature will enjoy this and will take care of the decay process and you don't have to do a thing. It is a MUCH better option then taking plastic, throwing plant food (which decays naturally, easy and fast) and hurting the environment. Earth will thank you for it.
Quick Beet & Carrot Soup (NEW!)
Quick & Eggy Tofu Scramble
Basil Pesto Pasta w/Walnuts
Some Amazing Articles
Nasya Oil: Ayurvedic Nasal Remedy
All About Turmeric! (NEW)
Activated Charcoal Health Benefits
Some New Recipes
Posto Chutney (NEW!)
Peanut Butter Coffee (NEW!)
Cauliflower-Spinach & Potato Curry
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots