Cabbage cooked with green peas along with turmeric & spice mix to add taste as well as health! One-pot recipe.
Cabbage is such an easy vegetable to cook & so affordable. I always buy organic cabbage for myself and my dogs. It is also a powerful anti-cancer agent as it detoxifies the body...very fast and even more than that, it is rich in sulfur compound called sulforaphane (the same one found in garlic, onions and other cruciferous vegetables).
It has many benefits as listed here -
1. It is a digestive - a detoxifying veggie that also aids in weight loss. This same reason it helps in stomach issues like constipation, ulcers, bloating and helps in providing roughage to the diet.
2. It helps beautify your skin. Anything that detoxifies and is a digestive will help with skin and hair. But cabbage also contains good amount of vit C.
3. Sulfur - that cabbage smell? Yep, sulfur. One of the most anti-cancer mineral and one that is needed to fight infections fast - sulfur is therefore crucial.
4. Contains anti-inflammatory compound called glutamine.
5. Great for vision, blood pressure, bones and brain health.
There you go! So more cabbage from now on..:)
1. Organic medium cabbage
2. Organic peas
3. 2 Organic yellow onions
4. Ginger-garlic (1 garlic and ginger -look in pic)
5. 3 Organic tomatoes
Spices and oils -
1. Organic coconut unrefined oil
2. Turmeric - 1 heaping tablespoon
3. Organic Himalayan sea salt
4. Cayenne -1/2 Teaspoon first if you don't know or not spice lover - adjust later.
5. 1/2 teaspoon each - cumin/coriander/garam masala AND cumin seeds - 1 whole tablespoon!!
OR if you don't have garam masala spice, just omit. Add the rest and bit of black pepper after sauteing...
Simple steps -
1. Put oil in pan and add onions, cumin seeds, ginger-garlic, tomatoes and saute till soft. Add spices and cabbage - saute till mixed - on medium till soft. Add peas. Cover for 3-4 mins and serve when done.
Watch the video for step-by-step recipe.
Compost - Plz. compost (your FREE organic fertilizer) OR if you live in apartments/condos, then just throw the ends between tall grass or bushes. Earth will be SO happy and will thank you for the extra nutrients. Plus, let's stop using plastic bags for such ridiculous reasons!
Have Dogs? Do serve to your dogs too - add plain rice in a bowl and add bit of this. What can be better than some fresh, homemade cabbage with healing spices? Let them enjoy this fresh food too! The more fresh home-cooked food you add to Fido's diet, the healthier your dog gets. Add on!!!
Raw Onion Chutney w/Tamarind
Spinach-Potato (Aalo-Palak Recipe)
Sweet Potato Salad w/Kale
Some Amazing Articles
10 Best Holiday Gift Ideas
12 Best Gift Ideas for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Some New Recipes
Silky Chocolate Mousse (NEW!)
Flattened Rice w/Curry Leaves
Cauliflower-Spinach & Potato Curry (NEW!)
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
Breast Cancer: A Full Comprehesive Guide (NEW!)