Enjoy this warm, delicious protein rich coffee in the morning and stay energized through out the day! Recipe & video included.
Coffee and peanut butter! What can I say?! It was by chance a thought came to my mind of combining these two and voila! I loved the flavor that came as a result. Then, I experimented more with this recipe and added some spices - nutmeg and black pepper! Better! Much better and unique! What's the wait?! Let's get into the benefits of this recipe and then, on to the recipe!
Benefits of this recipe -
1. It has plant-powered protein - peanut butter! This is a much healthier, safer option than an animal protein, which is inflammatory, is linked to extremely high cancer rates and digestive troubles.
2. The peanut butter in this recipe gives a wonderful roasted taste, AND, it will help you with sustained energy throughout the morning and going into the afternoon. This in turn will help you avoid sugar cravings, the crappy Starbucks coffee on your way out to work, the "snacks" that are fattening and unhealthy, and most of all, you will be full for a longer time.
3. Because this recipe has both protein, and healthy fat, it will keep you full - like noted in point #2. That means, you will have much healthier weight and balanced sugar as well.
4. Healthy weight and balanced sugar = Better hormones!
5. Here, I teach you how to prevent or reverse cancer and conditions like digestive issues, obesity, inflammation, etc. SO, this is why, our recipe is going to be warm! Make this warm (no excuses!) and just as I teach you in the video. Warm fluids are known to improve digestive health and get the digestive juices flowing. Do NOT ever take cold fluids in the morning especially. Plus, guess what? This peanut butter coffee tastes divine when warm!! Win-Win!
6. It has coffee, but sans the pesticides! Did you know that coffee is one of the crops that is loaded with pesticides? BUT, we are doing it with organic and fair-trade coffee! So, we are able to enjoy coffee daily and get its zillion health benefits that it offers. Yes! Coffee is one of the healthiest foods in the world - just not the Starbucks coffee or the one filled with white sugar, dairy milk and topped with extra layers of whipped cream! Geez! For Heaven's sake!!!!
7. Coffee's Benefits - Coffee is actually a nootropic, meaning, it is a healthy food for the brain, esp. due to the caffeine in the coffee. Coffee enhances memory, mood, cognitive function, alertness and performance. It also helps in liver detox, helps clean the tummy, prevents cancer, increase energy and helps in staying active. Coffee also helps with preventing diseases like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.
8. Nutmeg - It has nutmeg to enhance the taste but also nutmeg boosts immunity, helps cognition, is a great digestive, and helps with better blood circulation. Nutmeg also helps to detoxify the body.
9. Black Pepper - Black pepper is great for sugar balance, is anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory and helps keep the respiratory tract healthy.
10. Healthy fats (from peanut butter!) + Organic Coffee + Nutmeg + Black Pepper (all in plant-based milk) = Healthy Brain, Anti-Cancer & Better Weight & Energy! Drink it up!!
Ingredients (Servings - 1) -
1. Organic peanut butter - 1 to 2 Tablespoons
2. Organic coffee (I use instant coffee from Central Market) - 1 Teaspoon
3. Almond milk or any plant based milk of your choice
4. Nutmeg powder to top - About 1/4 Teaspoon
5. Black pepper - 1/3 Teaspoon
This is it! Very simple list!
Simple steps -
Watch the video for step-by-step recipe and exact measurements.
And do remember to share this with your loved ones too! Enjoy!
Quick Beet & Carrot Soup (NEW!)
Quick & Eggy Tofu Scramble
Basil Pesto Pasta w/Walnuts
Some Amazing Articles
[DOGS] Olive Leaf Extract for Dogs
All About Turmeric! (NEW)
Olive Leaf Extract Health Benefits
Some New Recipes
Khichdi (Rice & Lentils Mash)
Peanut Butter Coffee (NEW!)
Cauliflower-Spinach & Potato Curry (NEW!)
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots