Why do I call it Alonti's Pasta? Well, when I worked at Methodist Research Institute, I often picked up this super tasty pasta.
Alonti's Pesto Pasta - Why do I call this Alonti's Pasta? Well, when I worked at Methodist Research Institute, then I often visited Alonti's for lunch and picked up this very simple yet super tasty pasta. It was like DELICIOOOOOUUUUUUSSSSS!!!!!!!!
So, I had to make it and it is so simple that you won't believe it. Sauteed onions and the basil pesto with pecans gives this pasta the flavor that is unique and one that you will remember again and again! Basil pesto is one of my most favorite thing to savor and instead of pine nuts in basil pesto, we go for pecans! How brilliant of a twist! Then we add some sauteed garlic and caramelize onions till they are brown to add more crunch and flavor. At the end, we add basil pesto to the pasta and the onions and yum!! It's time for Alonti's pasta entree!
So, let's start...
1. 2 large/medium organic onions
2. Fresh basil - 5 oz
3. Organic pecans - 6 oz or per choice.
4. Nutritional yeast - 3 to 4 tablespoons
5. Garlic - 1 whole (few cloves in pesto & rest sauteed for pasta)
Spices & oils -
1. Organic, UN-refined coconut oil - 4 full tablespoonfuls!! Don't skip.
2. Organic Sea salt - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later.
3. Cayenne - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later. So, if you don't know, start with 1/4 teaspoon.
4. Black pepper
5. Extra virgin olive oil
1. Jovial organic gluten-free pasta
Top with -
1. Organic olive oil
2. Lemon juice
Simple steps -
Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe.
Compost - Plz. start composting. Imagine if all of us stopped using plastic bags for such stupid reasons? How Earth will change overnight? If you don't have compost bin in your home, you can make one.
Cauliflower Pulao in Iron Wok
Spinach-Potato (Aalo-Palak Recipe)
Sweet Potato Salad w/Kale
Some Amazing Articles
[DOGS] Olive Leaf Extract for Dogs
12 Best Foods for Immunity
Castor Oil Health Benefits
Some New Recipes
Silky Chocolate Mousse (NEW!)
Flattened Rice w/Curry Leaves
Cauliflower-Spinach & Potato Curry (NEW!)
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)