Why do I call it Alonti's Pasta? Well, when I worked at Methodist Research Institute, I often picked up this super tasty pasta.
Alonti's Pesto Pasta - Why do I call this Alonti's Pasta? Well, when I worked at Methodist Research Institute, then I often visited Alonti's for lunch and picked up this very simple yet super tasty pasta. It was like DELICIOOOOOUUUUUUSSSSS!!!!!!!!
So, I had to make it and it is so simple that you won't believe it. Sauteed onions and the basil pesto with pecans gives this pasta the flavor that is unique and one that you will remember again and again! Basil pesto is one of my most favorite thing to savor and instead of pine nuts in basil pesto, we go for pecans! How brilliant of a twist! Then we add some sauteed garlic and caramelize onions till they are brown to add more crunch and flavor. At the end, we add basil pesto to the pasta and the onions and yum!! It's time for Alonti's pasta entree!
So, let's start...
1. 2 large/medium organic onions
2. Fresh basil - 5 oz
3. Organic pecans - 6 oz or per choice.
4. Nutritional yeast - 3 to 4 tablespoons
5. Garlic - 1 whole (few cloves in pesto & rest sauteed for pasta)
Spices & oils -
1. Organic, UN-refined coconut oil - 4 full tablespoonfuls!! Don't skip.
2. Organic Sea salt - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later.
3. Cayenne - per taste. Add less first, you can always adjust later. So, if you don't know, start with 1/4 teaspoon.
4. Black pepper
5. Extra virgin olive oil
1. Jovial organic gluten-free pasta
Top with -
1. Organic olive oil
2. Lemon juice
Simple steps -
Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe.
Compost - Plz. start composting. Imagine if all of us stopped using plastic bags for such stupid reasons? How Earth will change overnight? If you don't have compost bin in your home, you can make one.
Cilantro Rice w/Turmeric
Raw Onion Chutney w/Tamarind
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Wrong Food Combinations per Ayurveda (NEW!)
Seed Cycling for Hormone Balance
Benefits of Oil Pulling Remedy
Some Quick Recipes
Tomato Rice w/Green Onions
Peanut Butter Coffee
Avocado Soup w/Cilantro
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots