One-pot dish, very easy and nutritious. This recipe is great on weekdays when you are tired and don't have time to cook much. Try it!
This is for those who are just beginning their culinary career in their kitchen or even for those who are tired today and want to toss in something easy, tasty, quick and yet, healthy.
Ingredients - Any veggies can be added per your choice.
1. Organic broccoli - 1 whole
2. Organic mushrooms
3. Organic onions - 1 large red onion used here
4. Organic tomatoes - 2-3
5. Organic red bell pepper - 1
6. Ginger - 1 inch chopped
7. Garlic - per choice or 5-6 cloves
1. Organic rice - any or basmati/jasmine - 1 cup, soaked for 20-30 minutes min and then rinsed
Spices and oils -
1. Organic coconut oil - 4 tablespoons
2. Organic sesame oil - optional
3. Black pepper
4. Organic Himalayan sea salt - try 1/3 teaspoon first, mix and taste. Adjust if wanting more.
5. Cayenne - 1/3 teaspoon first, mix and taste. Adjust if wanting more.
6. White vinegar - use 1/2 teaspoon first, then adjust.
7. Soy aminos -2 tablespoons
8. Organic ketchup - 1 tablespoon or optional
Simple steps -
1. In ceramic pan, saute all veggies and ginger/garlic in coconut oil on medium-low. Saute till veggies are slightly soft.
2. Add boiled rice OR can boil rice directly in this mix - put rice and water. Boil and then turn stove to simmer -low heat for 15-20 mins, covered. Mix all when done.
3. Add spices, soy sauce and sesame oil now. Mix and taste. Enjoy! Done!
For those with SUGAR issues:-
If you have sugar issues, you can still enjoy this recipe with 2 very simple, easy options!
1. REDUCE the quantity of rice and add some quinoa. So, you can do, say, 30% rice to 70% quinoa.
2. OR, you can eliminate rice completely - make the recipe as is, and mix in quinoa instead of rice.
And remember, to add some Ceylon cinnamon to your food when cooking AND when ready to eat.
Cilantro Rice w/Turmeric
Raw Onion Chutney w/Tamarind
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Wrong Food Combinations per Ayurveda (NEW!)
Seed Cycling for Hormone Balance
Benefits of Oil Pulling Remedy
Some Quick Recipes
Tomato Rice w/Green Onions
Peanut Butter Coffee
Avocado Soup w/Cilantro
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots