Creamy red potato salad w/herbs like dill, parsley & thyme. A great way to get more veggies & herbs in your diet. One-pot!
Creamy potato salad is one of those dish that never will lose its demand. Something about the potatoes mixed in with veggies and their juices and all topped with some creamy mayo - yum!
Now, don't do all this work and then mess it all up. What do I mean by that?
1. Cook in STEEL pan - This is something written again and again on most of my videos and recipe posts to ignite a healthy change in the reader; that is one of letting go of non-stick pans! Unless you want to eat Teflon or lead, I would say the time to switch to steel pans is NOW. Point made?
2. Use organic, UN-refined coconut oil - Use healthy fats that help your mobility issues, that help you detox and lose weight, that help you look good as the healthy fats nourish your hair and skin...and so many benefits of coconut oil. Now, not any coconut oil will do. You need to invest in UN-refined, organic coconut oil. And make sure to take a spoonful or two daily in your diet.
3. DON'T skip on garlic/onions/green onions - IF you are a cancer patient or fighting inflammation or obesity, then you better not skip on these 3. They are invaluable to you and your healing process.
Because I am an avid fan of garlic and onion - hence, a lot of it in all my recipes. BOTH garlic and onion are powerhouse when it comes to anti-cancer benefits as they contain sulfur compound called sulforaphane and allicin. So, from now on, as you follow Garden Recipes, you are sure to eat lot of both - garlic and onions. This recipe also includes green onions so make sure you don't cut back on them.
4. DON'T skip on PLANT-BASED MAYO! - Another point to remember is that dairy mayonnaise is filled with antibiotics, hormones, steroids, and gmo-fed crops. Unless you want all these in your system, I say exit the dairy industry once and for all. Cancer patients can't afford to get this point wrong - so remember this!
Now, if you have a large family & you are on a budget, you can easily make plant based mayo at home - a large jar full of tasty, creamy, light healthy mayo for yourself and your loved ones! All you need to do is get organic soy milk and add lemon juice, a bit of organic apple cider vinegar or regular vinegar per your taste and sea salt. Blend till mixture thickens. You can even add some garlic or herbs to it to make it more tasty and healthy! There! Much cheaper than dairy mayo - which is not just inflammatory food but one that cause obesity and intestinal permeability.
1. 16 small red organic potatoes
2. 2 organic red bell pepper
3. 2 large organic red or yellow onion
4. 1 green onion bunch
5. 3-4 organic celery sticks
6. 1 whole garlic
Spices and oil -
1. Black pepper - LOTS of it. The more the better in this recipe.
2. Cayenne -1 tablespoon, mix and then taste. Adjust if needed.
3. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste.
4. Organic unrefined coconut oil to cook - 4 Tablespoons.
5. Thyme - 1/3 teaspoon at first. Adjust at end later if you like.
Top with -
1. Dill - see video
2. Parsley - see video
3. Dried Basil - 1 Teaspoon
4. Organic, unrefined apple cider vinegar - 1 Tablespoon
5. Plant based mayo - I used Vegenaise, my favorite!
Simple Steps - Watch the video or the pics.
Watch the video - captions and step-by-step guide included for hearing impaired and also to make it super easy and fast for you! I make recipes that include as much as colors and nutrition as possible.
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 6-8 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 4 serving each.
Family of 4 - Each a good serving and then some for later.
All in all, a beautiful, great, tasty salad to make or serve guests!
NOTE - I use LOT of onion in all my recipes. This might be too much for some people. In that case, till your palette changes and adjusts, use only 1 red onion or even 1/2 red onion + full green onion bunch. And to reduce the quantity, use only 1 red bell pepper, little less celery and less potatoes. I made a lot so just a note to help you be aware.
Do make this recipe and let me know how you liked it. Store in fridge for few hours to let the flavors mix in and serve! Enjoy and do share with your pooches too - my dogs eat everything I make. Little bit with rice mix and fresh food for Fido!
Cilantro Rice w/Turmeric
Raw Onion Chutney w/Tamarind
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Fenugreek: A Divine Spice (NEW!)
Spirituality - The Tree & His Dreams
Benefits of Oil Pulling Remedy
Some Quick Recipes
Cruciferous Veggie Pulao (NEW!)
Beet & Carrot Veggie Juice (NEW!)
Avocado Soup w/Cilantro
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots