A fast & tireless recipe which is also a one-pot dish - veggie stir-fry. Colorful & flavorful, a perfect take-out but without the unhealthy stuff.
Easy to cook on any weekday and even on those days when you have to entertain guests. Less clean-up. Just follow the instructions step-by-step.
My recipe has healthy substitutes and provides the body with lot of colorful nutrients. By following few simple rules in our cooking, we can dramatically change our state of well-being to a more positive state.
And yes, the rules are very, very simple - NOT what you have been taught to think that "healthy food" or "health" requires effort or money. Nope. It's a LIE - let it go.
Now, more about this recipe; here are some great reasons to make this one right away!
Some simple rules I applied in this recipe are -
1. Healthy substitutes -
1. No more soy sauce. Use soy aminos or coconut aminos instead.
2. No need for rice vinegar or white vinegar. No health benefits in them. Use organic apple cider vinegar.
3. Instead of white salt - use organic Himalayan sea salt. It has micro-nutrients and is natural - unlike the white salt made with bleach and then iodine added! Goodness! Nothing natural about it. Use organic sea salt - invest in it.
4. How often do you or your family eat ketchup? Guessing its frequent. So, from now on, invest in a bottle of organic ketchup - thus reducing intake of artificial colors, pesticides, fragrance and preservatives. Plus, if you have been following my recipes, you know that adding ketchup along w/soy aminos, vinegar, orange marmalade/sweet sauce along with some ginger-garlic can make any dish come to life! You don't need to spend money stocking up on diff. types of sauces or specialty items that you will only use once and it will go to waste. So, invest in good organic ketchup.
5. Substitute regular noodles to gluten-free noodles. More healing power to you! Let the wheat GO! It is NOT the same crop it use to be so stock up on gluten-free, high quality noodles that have the non-gmo label & possibly organic.
6. No more non-stick! We are instead switching to ceramic pans for health reasons. Huge difference. Let's not eat Teflon or lead with out meals...!
2. Increase the quantity of goodies -
1. So, more veggies than noodles.
2. LOT more ginger and garlic - these are healing foods and very potent medicine for your body.
1. Organic cabbage - 1/2 (or more, per your choice)
2. Organic red bell pepper - 1
3. Organic green bell pepper - 1
4. Organic medium or large red onion -1
5. Organic green onion - 1 bunch
6. Organic tomatoes - 4
7. Ginger - 1 inch in small pieces and garlic - 1 WHOLE (don't skip!).
Seasonings and Oil -
1. White pepper, cayenne, Himalayan sea salt, crushed red pepper - add only per taste. Add less first, you can always add more later. Start with pinch of each and mix and taste at end.
2. Organic apple cider vinegar (1 full teaspoon to start with, mix and taste. If can take more, add another spoon!)
3. Organic, unrefined coconut oil -4 tablespoons
Top it with -
1. Organic ketchup - 1 tablespoon
2. Soy aminos -1 tablespoon
3. Black pepper - per taste
1. Thai rice noodles - 100% gluten-free!!
1. Of coarse! You can add organic corn, green peas, green beans, sprouts, carrots or any other veggie of your choice.
Simple steps -
1. Make noodles per box instructions. Set aside in a bowl/plate you will eat in later.
2. In same pan, add coconut oil, then add your ginger-garlic, saute on LOW for 2 mins. Add now onions and tomatoes. Saute for another 2-3 mins till onions become soft. Now, add all the chopped veggies.
3. Saute till veggie mix is tender for 5 - 7 mins and now add back the noodles. Mix all.
4. Add seasonings from #1 above. Turn the stove OFF. Let food cool for few mins.
5. Now, add apple cider vinegar, ketchup, soy aminos and black pepper. Mix and enjoy! You are done.
Kudos! Great! Awesome! Today you are really eating lot of colorful vegetables and what a quick, easy dish this has been.
Not to mention one-pot clean up only!
Hope you like it..:) Enjoy!
To reduce the quantity, all you have to do is reduce the noodles quantity accordingly. I would suggest keeping the veggies quantity the same.
To increase more (if making for guests,etc) - Add more noodles and add on more veggies/onions of your choice. Simple!
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 2 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 1 serving each.
Family of 4 - Add more veggies and noodles & make in bigger pan.
As with all new positive habits, let's start another one - lets start composting. Put unused parts of veggies and mix them in your soil - this is free organic fertilizer - healthier, free of chemicals and a sacred service to mother Earth - Gaia. If you live in condos/apartment complex, then just find a large bush of plants/grass and offer to them this compost. The soil will use it and the plants will benefit. Please start composting.
This is it. Dish made. Forks out - ready to serve!
Have Dogs? - And hey, if you have dogs, don't forget to share some with them. After all, this IS what's called REAL food for a reason. I add little bit of this fresh cooked, off-the-stove meal with their basic food I make. Recipe coming soon for that too. Enjoy!
Want to complement these with some fried fritters? Or have guests to impress & need a quick dish?
Loaded with goodies like spinach, onion, ginger-garlic and turmeric! And the best part? You use the exact same ceramic pan to make them! So much food and only 1 pot to clean-up!! Only 1 pot!!
Ready for some crispy fritters? In fact, they will go really well with this. Spinach-Onion Fritters
Beet-Tomato Soup w/Cilantro
Quick Red Kidney Beans Curry
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Buddhism: What Is Metta Meditation?
[S&I] What is Tantric Sex?
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots