Chilled shake filled with the goodness of fresh strawberries and some zing from black sesame seeds! A very delicious, kid-friendly drink!
It's strawberry season and I love strawberries! They are both sweet and tart; they are rich in nutrients and well, this drink delivers both the sweet, the tart and the zing factor, much thanks to the delicious black sesame seeds!
Most people do not realize how great are the black sesame seeds but here are some facts on them -
Why black sesame seeds?
1. Black sesame seeds are powerhouse of nutrients - fiber, iron, calcium, magnesium, vit B, and phosphorus.
2. They have also been considered as anti-cancer - they contain sesamin, a compound that protects the liver from free radicals.
3. The difference between white sesame and black? White have their hulls removed whereas black sesame have their hulls intact.
4. Fiber and unsaturated fatty acids - Due to these two, they help in digestive issues and help relieve constipation.
5. Calcium, Zinc and Magnesium - help in reducing blood pressure (magnesium-zinc) and help in osteoporosis (calcium).
1. Organic Black Sesame Seeds - 1 Tablespoon
2. Organic fresh or frozen strawberries or mix berries
3. Organic Vanilla Extract - 1/2 Teaspoon (Optional)
4. Almond milk OR any plant based milk of your choice - 8 oz
Make this sweet drink now - NO SUGAR added!! Just 3 ingredients or even better, you can use water + soaked almonds to make your own almond milk.
As always, make sure you buy organic strawberries and sesame seeds to reduce the pesticide overload in your body while ethically supporting organic farming, organic farmers and the well-being of Gaia - our beautiful planet and its animals.
Herbed Garlic Potatoes
Cilantro Chutney w/Mint
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Ashwagandha Benefits (NEW!)
What is Tantra? (NEW!)
Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots