Pasta made with healthy greens like arugula & spinach, while savoring garlicky sunflower & pumpkin seed pesto in this unique recipe!
1. Organic mushrooms - 1 box of 16 oz.
2. Organic yellow onion - 1 large size
3. Organic arugula - 2 cups worth
4. Organic tomatoes - 4
5. 1 whole garlic
6. 1 WHOLE bag of frozen organic spinach - 16 oz
Pasta - Any Gluten free pasta*
*After you have boiled your pasta, switch off the stove, wait for 10 mins, and then add your frozen spinach to the pasta bowl (see in the video). This will help wilt down the spinach just perfectly and will retain the nutrients. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to prevent pasta from sticking.
1. Organic sunflower seeds - 2 Tablespoons (see pics below)
2. Organic pumpkin seeds - 2 Tablespoons
3. Water - Equal quantity of water*
Soak overnight, and rinse when ready to make pesto. Add fresh clean water and make into a creamy paste.
*For adding water when making pesto - In the glass container, look at how much your seeds are (about 1/2 a glass), and take exact amount of water per glass measurement (about 1/2 glass water). This will make the pesto creamy and will blend the seeds very well.
Spices and Oils (for the pasta) -
1. Organic unrefined coconut oil - 6 Tablespoons
2. Black pepper - 2 Tablespoons
3. Organic Himalayan sea salt- per taste or start with 1.5 Tablespoon for this quantity
4. Cayenne - 1.5 Teaspoon and taste and adjust
5. Thyme - 1.5 Teaspoon
6. Dried oregano - 1 Tablespoon
7. Lemon zest + lemon juice - 1 whole lemon
8. Nutmeg - 1 Teaspoon
Top with -
1. Organic extra virgin olive oil (1 teaspoon per plate)
2. Fresh squeezed lemon juice (few drops of fresh lemon juice per plate)
3. Black pepper (sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon per plate when serving)
4. Nutmeg (sprinkle over each plate when serving)
5. Nutritional yeast - 1/2 to 1 teaspoon per serving
Simple steps -
1. Watch the video for step by step instructions and see the photos below.
To reduce the quantity, all you have to do is reduce the pasta and pesto quantity accordingly. I would suggest keeping the veggies same quantity. So, if you cut the pasta in half. then you can do the same with pesto - make it in half.
To increase more (if making for guests, etc.) - Add more pasta and add on more veggies as well as garlic and onions. You can also increase the pesto by simply adding another spoon of sunflower seeds or split equal quantities between sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
Single (Adult portion size) - This would easily serve 4 good size servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2.5 servings each.
Family of 4 - Will serve each a good size serving.
Composting - Also, as always, keep composting - that is your organic free fertilizer - so all your vegetable/onion ends - yup, put it in a bin outside or just throw under the soil! Plants & Earth will thank you plus let's all stop using plastic for such ridiculous reasons. Compost! Compost! Compost! from now on.
Cilantro Rice w/Turmeric
Raw Onion Chutney w/Tamarind
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Fenugreek: A Divine Spice (NEW!)
Spirituality - The Tree & His Dreams
Benefits of Oil Pulling Remedy
Some Quick Recipes
Cruciferous Veggie Pulao (NEW!)
Beet & Carrot Veggie Juice (NEW!)
Avocado Soup w/Cilantro
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots