Garlicky Sweet Potato Fries
Garlicky sweet potato fries - Who doesn't love them? This recipe includes thyme, cayenne & delicious garlic-ky flavor in a new way!
Organic sweet potatoes are a staple in my home. I and my DOGS love them! As you might have guessed by being here on The Garden Recipe, fresh, home-cooked food is given the highest priority in my home. Whether I am cooking for myself or dogs, one rule stays the same - it has to be fresh, home-cooked and (mostly) organic.
And this simple dish is SO perfect for lazy evenings or those days when you are hungry but not so hungry - you want to eat something before bed but don't know what to eat. Well, now try this recipe and not only will you burst your hunger but actually give your body something worthwhile. I use heart-healthy grape seed oil for baking. A much better substitute than refined or cheap, chemical filled vegetable oils. Plus, grape seed oil has a high smoking point - approximately 216 °C (421 °F). And no, grape seed oil will not hinder the taste in anyway.
Again, we are keeping up with healthy substitutes. So, instead of any chili pepper, use cayenne for it's potent blood cleansing properties. Also, instead of white table salt, which is bleached and void of micro-nutrients, use organic Himalayan sea salt which is high in trace minerals. Also, again, we are going to keep adding garlic to as many dishes as we can for its healing benefits.
Very easy and cheap changes - but big, profound effects on your health, overall. And this is the kind of wisdom you can only get here at The Garden Recipe.
As for my pooches, I always try to add as many colors to their life as possible. I cook their food with boiled sweet potatoes but still, they love when these are in the oven. LOL. Don't know how they are so smart - they just know what's cooking is one of their favorite things to gobble up.
Hope you will remember to try this next time you want to fill yourself with something light and colorful. And do share few with your pooches. Trust me - this nutrition is much better than what pooches are fed in America.
Here's the recipe.
1. 2 whole organic sweet potatoes
2. 2 tablespoon grape seed oil
3. Organic Himalayan sea salt
4. Garlic paste - per taste. Try 1/2 teaspoon first.
1. Black pepper - per taste.
2. Cayenne - 1/2 teaspoon. Can add more later per taste so try less first time.
3. Thyme - 1/2 teaspoon and then adjust.
1. Cut sweet potatoes in big chunks as in pic. Arrange on baking tray.
2. Mix oil, spices and garlic paste. Pour over sweet potatoes and toss on tray.
3. Bake at 450 degrees F for about 20 mins. Check and toss if you can. If you want softer, bake additional few minutes and see. And share few with your pooches..:) Let life be colorful for them too with it's rich nutritious offerings from mother Earth. Enjoy!
Have Dogs? Share some with your pooch too! WHY NOT? Yes!! My dogs eat it with the garlic paste. Healthy and they love it.
Leave a Reply.
Alonti's Pesto Pasta
Cilantro Chutney with Mint
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
When God Showed Up: A Defining Moment in My Life
Men's Health - Supporting & Healing The Divine Masculine
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots