Sweet Potato-Sage Sauce Pasta
Creamy, garlicky pasta w/sweet potato & sage sauce, mushrooms, tomatoes, swiss chard, bell pepper & red onions. Yum! One-pot dish!
Now, as promised on The Garden Recipe site, NO long posts. NO long stories of this and that or travels...and NO having you scroll to bottom of the page...till forever, to get to the recipe. Geez!! NO. And also NO ads. I just want you to come here, get the recipe and get cooking. Period. Save your time and day! Oh, yes! NO pop-ups either. So annoying. Seriously.
So, in same note, lets start.
I always try to add as much nutrients as I can in my recipes. And this is one of those recipes which is loaded, yes!, loaded with dense nutrients. It is something I and my DOGS LOVE! My dogs gobble it up in no time. LOL.
It's a great recipe for just yourself or even if you are planning to impress your guests. Very doable and yummy, even for picky eaters.
And remember, we are staying with gluten-free AND organic, plant-based theme for health. Why put unnecessary toxins in your body?
Most of all, as always, here on The Garden Recipe - everything is made/written/done with YOUR ease in mind. So, you will be happy to know this is a one-pot dish. I, in fact, store it (in fridge) in the same steel pan until its finished the next day. Enjoy this light yet comforting, hearty, colorful recipe.
1. 1 box organic gluten-free pasta (fusilli or penne)
2. 1 bunch organic sage and 1 bunch organic basil
3. 2 organic sweet-potatoes.
4. 4 organic tomatoes (roma is fine)
5. 1 box organic portabella mushrooms
6. 1 bunch organic swiss chard
7. 1 -2 medium organic red onion
8. 1 organic red bell pepper
9. 1 whole big garlic
Spices and oils - NOTE: Put less spices first and taste and adjust later.
1. Organic extra virgin, UN-refined coconut oil (3-4 tablespoons)
2. Thyme - 1/2 teaspoon
3. Cayenne - 1/2 teaspoon
4. Smoked paprika - 1/2 teaspoon
5. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste
6. Black pepper
Top it with -
1. Organic Parmesan (Be ethical - only support organic cheese OR buy vegan version - animals's welfare depends on your choices)
2. Organic lemon zest and lemon juice
3. Organic extra virgin olive oil AND avocado oil - yes please!! yum!
4. Organic sage, organic basil and organic parsley.
Simple Steps - Follow these exactly for less clean-up & an amazing dish! Plus, we are doing things eco-friendly way now! Awesome..:)
1. Peel, cut and boil sweet potatoes in large steel pan until very soft and mushy. When done, drain & keep aside in food processor - less clean-up and less water.
2. In same pan, saute garlic and sage slightly - 3-4 minutes in coconut oil. Add garlic & sage to food processor & blend the all with sweet potatoes.
3. Boil pasta per box instructions and now keep this aside on the same plate/bowl you will eat in later.
4. In same large steel pan, add coconut oil, onions, red bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes & saute all until slightly tender and vegetable juices are coming out. Add your swiss chard bit later..so as to not cook it too much. Just to wilt it enough.
5. Now start layering exactly like this: add pasta, sweet potato sauce and add spices per taste. Add less spices - you can adjust more later. Mix all. See pics.
6. Garnish with lemon zest, lemon juice (few drops first - then adjust), organic basil, organic parsley and organic sage. Mix all. Top with organic Parmesan and olive oil. Serve.
To reduce the quantity, all you have to do is reduce the pasta quantity accordingly. I would suggest keeping the veggies same quantity.
To increase more (if making for guests,etc) - Add more pasta and add on more veggies/onions of your choice. Simple!
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 3-4 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2 servings each.
Family of 4 - Will serve breakfast/lunch/dinner.
As with all new positive habits, let's start another one - lets start composting. Put unused parts of veggies and mix them in your soil - this is free organic fertilizer - healthier, free of chemicals and a sacred service to mother Earth - Gaia. If you live in condos/apartment complex, then just find a large bush of plants/grass and offer to them this compost. The soil will use it and the plants will benefit. Please start composting. Let's all stop using plastic bags for such ridiculous reasons.
This is it. Dish made. Forks out - ready to serve! Great recipe to impress guests! And best part? Only one-pot clean-up!!
Have Dogs? - And hey, if you have dogs, don't forget to share some with them. After all, this IS what's called REAL food for a reason. I add little bit of this fresh cooked, off-the-stove meal with their basic food I make. Recipe coming soon for that too. Enjoy!
YouTube channel - Want more recipes like this one? Subscribe to The Garden Recipe YouTube channel; click on icon below on yellow footer.
Thank you so much for these easy recipes
You are most welcome..:)
Just saying "thank you" sounds totally inadequate to express my gratitude to you for these wholesome dishes you propose. The taste of real food is an incentive for my guests to return for more of the same!
OMG! Seriously Marie - you don't have to say anything - not even a thank you. I am just SO happy to bring my recipes to you & your family and guests. I only wanted that you & others to make these recipes, give them a try and enjoy them - for they do have healing, healthy benefits. This is it. I am SO thankful to you for trying them out and letting me know the "reviews"..lol. - Somyata.
My first recipe from you, well the second actually. can't make the garlic ginger paste as I have no machine and can not get one where I live. Ingredients are difficult to get here, but it at least gives me ideas to sub here and there. Hopefully at some point I will be able to prepare these lovely dishes. Peace.
Thank you..:) I really hope you will be able to try these someday. And thanks for joining The Garden Recipe and posting here as well as on my youtube channel. - Somyata.
Boy this looks good -- thank you! How do you feel about using nutritional yeast instead of cheese?
Thanks! As for NY, go for it 100%! As for the cheese, trust me, it was a happenstance where in a hurry at Whole Foods I had picked it up..but it was organic. NY is so delicious and super healthy - that is why in my new pasta recipe, I added it - Pasta w/Swiss Chard & Walnuts. This recipe is one of my fav. but make sure to use fresh sage for this one - that is when this recipe comes to life!! Enjoy! -Somyata.
This is delicious. I made it last night. My daughter and I ate the whole pan. With the exception of the small amount I gave to my two dogs. I wanted them to have a yummy good for you snack.I had to tone the spices down a bit. I'm working on building up my ability to eat more spice. Thank you,this is the 3rd recipe I've made. I have enjoyed all of them 🤗
Aww....Thank you Kristen! I am so happy to hear that you and your daughter, along with your 2 furry pals, all loved and enjoyed this recipe. It made me beyond happy that your dogs got to eat something that is 1. homemade and not kibble and 2. fresh food, rich with colorful nutrients, some spices and herbs!! LOVED IT!!
Leave a Reply.
Alonti's Pesto Pasta
Cilantro Chutney with Mint
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
When God Showed Up: A Defining Moment in My Life
Men's Health - Supporting & Healing The Divine Masculine
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots