One-pot, super healthy. Loaded with colorful veggies, you can make the batter and use it whenever you are hungry for some crunchy patties.
Oh, yes!! Who doesn't like potatoes? Now, add to it some crispiness and some rich colors. Yes! You can have your favorite potatoes as well as some real nutrition in this simple, aromatic pancake recipe. As with all Garden Recipes, this recipe was 'designed' with ease, comfort, taste AND nutrition in mind. All-in-one!
Colors + Spices + Taste + Nutrition = My veggie patties!!!..:)
This dish has NO limits to how tasty and healthy you want it to be. Let's get going. We have something yummy for today!
Here are the simple reasons why this is an amazing recipe -
1. It is loaded with colorful organic vegetables - nutrition!
2. It not only has potato but also sweet potato - for flavor and rich nutrients.
3. It includes two potent healers - ginger and garlic.
4. A great lunch box recipe!
5. Perfect for guests and both big and small parties.
6. Store the batter for 3-4 days easily and just make as needed.
7. Extremely aromatic - make it and you will know..:)
8. Again, one-pot clean-up. Save time. Save water and help Earth.
9. A wonderful vegetarian delight = love for the animals. Good for you, good for the planet and happy-happy for the cute animals of this world.
Now, let's get started - enough reasons to taste this yummy, crispy one.
1. 1 organic sweet potato and 1 organic yellow potato
2. 1 bunch organic green onions
3. 1 organic red onion
4. 1 organic red bell pepper
5. Ginger and garlic - per taste or if using paste - 1 big tablespoon
6. 2 green chilies
7. Organic cilantro - 1 whole bunch
Spices & Oils -
1. Organic coconut oil
2. SMOKED red paprika - 1/2 Teaspoon
3. Cayenne - 1 Teaspoon
4. Red chili paste (optional) - add at end to spice it up more
5. Black pepper - 1 Tablespoon
6. Organic sea salt - per taste or start with 1 teaspoon, mix into batter and taste.
*For spices, always add less and adjust later; you can't take out the spices when they are added but can always add more later on.
1. Brown rice flour - 5-6 Tablespoons
2. Organic milled flax seed flour (4 Tablespoons)
*For flours - add both and mix; let the batter sit for sometime so the flax seeds will bind better. Do not mix any water as veggies have enough in them. If the batter is lose, add little bit more of flax seeds powder and mix again. Adjust.
Simple steps -
1. Chop veggies (or even better, to save time - throw all veggies in the food processor) and add flours and spices - mix all. If batter too thin, add little more of flax seeds or brown rice.
2. Once your batter is ready, store it in the fridge for good 20 mins before making it into patties. This will also allow it to firm up and the flavors to mix even more.
3. In ceramic pan, on medium-low, add organic coconut oil and start frying the pancakes. Flip on both sides once browned. Serve with sauce of choice - Enjoy!
More optional veggies -
1. You can add - cauliflower, spinach, corn, green bell pepper, green peas, green beans, carrots, swiss chard, rutabagas.
Pair it with -
1. Can be eaten with - green cilantro sauce, ketchup, mayo, tahini, hummus, red pepper sauce, garlic sauce..
2. Can also be made - chela style (thin round pancake), veggie burger, cutlets.
3. Lettuce wrap - throw some tahini or sauce of your choice; add the patties and wrap it in lettuce. Enjoy!
For Those With Sugar Issues -
1. Instead of the white potato in this recipe, add another sweet potato and you are all set!
I made lot of batter and it's almost finished. I LOVED it!!! Here are the photos to show you the simple steps.
Cilantro Rice w/Turmeric
Raw Onion Chutney w/Tamarind
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Fenugreek: A Divine Spice (NEW!)
Spirituality - The Tree & His Dreams
Benefits of Oil Pulling Remedy
Some Quick Recipes
Cruciferous Veggie Pulao (NEW!)
Beet & Carrot Veggie Juice (NEW!)
Avocado Soup w/Cilantro
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots