This simple, easy to make, Ayurvedic tadka is nourishing to mind & body. Rich with fenugreek, this tadka adds depth of flavor to lentils.
Tadka (Tempering) -
1. Mustard seeds -1 Teaspoon
2. Cumin seeds - 4 Tablespoons
3. Green chilies - 2
4. Garlic - 1 whole, finely chopped
5. 1 whole bunch cilantro/coriander (optional - add at the end)
6. Organic coconut oil - 4 Tablespoons
7. Turmeric - 1/2 Teaspoon
8. Cayenne or Paprika - 1 Teaspoon
9. Asafoetida (Hing) - Pinch's worth
10. Organic mustard oil - 4 Tablespoons
11. Dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) - 3 Tablespoons
Taste your fenugreek leaves first - if they have a bitter note, then add less. If the leaves are on slightly sweet side, you can add 3 tablespoons.
Simple steps -
Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe & spices measurement. Learn the importance of tadka in Ayurveda and why it matters - as I explain it very well in the video. Also, watch my helpful tips for cancer patients, and how incorporating tadka into their diet regularly can greatly help nourish their body by nourishing their tissues and cells.
Cashew Cream Pasta
Cauliflower Curry w/Black Seeds
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Castor Oil Health Benefits
[S&I] What is Tantric Sex?
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots